Anything to help with THE FOG

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azcactuslil, Aug 20, 2003.

1. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

I am looking for work and will need to be as clear minded as possible when I start a new job. What do you guys do to help keep your mind clicking on all cylinders and out of the clouds? I have a hard time focusing on things right now but want to be able to work. HELP!

Carrie
  2. Myth

Myth New Member

I don't think I can help. I have more and more troubles in this department. With me it is not just poor concentration, I also have nerological problems with words and commincation. Both are troublesome in the work force. You might want to try taking Ginko pills and ginseng. Also it is good if you eat something small for breakfast and lunch and bring some snacks (like protien bars) to snack on when you start to feel all groggy. Sometimes a boost of energy is enough to kick start your brain. I also read somewhere that when you feel all zoned out, to immediately do something different- get up and walk about or change taskes or just jerk your attention away for a moment. These pointers may help you, but it really depends on how bad your are in this department. The best thing is to get sleep- but that seems to be a rather impossible task. I personally do not work a hob that requires constant accuracy, because I know I cannot do that.
    Good luck with the job,
    Myth
  3. deja

deja New Member

I myself can't recommend anything based on personal experience, but there is a couple of medications I intend to enquire about. Many people here have been talking about how Provigil and Modifilan (Brown Seaweed extract) have done miracles, however they are not related, nor are they alternatives. I best recommend consulting your doctor before deciding on taking anything.
    I have seen people talking about miracles here, so I wish you the best of luck.
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I have found that a little caffeine really helps. Also, studies have been made on the effects of frequent handfulls of equal amounts of almonds and raisins, on powers of concentration. I tried it with my students and it helped. I tried it on myself, and it helped. Also, I find that relief of stress helps the most. Nothing fogs up my brain like stress or pressure!
    I hope this helps you.
    Take care,
    Terry
  5. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

Seems like we are all on the same page except for the brown seaweed thing. I am going to ask my doc about that one. I am taking meds for sleep and have been for some time now. Tried moving around, caffiene, small meals, and snacks. Now the stress is another matter. It is a daily struggle. Sometimes I win and sometimes it wins. Never know who is going to come out on top. I am on meds for this as well as seeing someone.

I was hoping that someone had been using some vitamin supplement or something. Just getting scary. I don't have the option of not working right now so need any props I can get.
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Heres my sleep formula.........

Xanax 0.25mgs at 7pm for racing brain syndrome

ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) for DEEP sleep, RLS, and spasms. This is the key to my really sleeping, 7-8 hours at night without waking up every hour on the hour like I did before starting the ZMA. This is my miracle to sleep!

Melatonin, 1 1/2 mgs right before bed. Melatonin helps me fall asleep.

HOpe this helps, both the ZMA and Melatonin can be bought here at Pro Health, just check the 'Store' link for more information. If you buy it elsewhere, be SURE you get the SNAC brand, the other brands do not work for sleep. Pro Health sells this brand especially for us now.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. lmn

lmn New Member

ProHealth's Proenergy combo of malic acid and magnesium. It has been a godsend, with no side effects whatsoever. Best of luck,
    lmn