anything tor energy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jittle, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jittle

Jittle Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across anything lately to help with energy. I am already taking ribose and a mutli vitamin from pro health. I just woke up from another nap, and am back to the pattern of sleeping way too much at night and all day. When I am awake I feel druged.

I see rheumy in a couple of weeks and would like to know if there is anything I can ask him about ( as soon as I typed the words I started to worry he wont be able to help, he did not know what ribose was when I told him about that)

any suggestions would be great
  2. ledev68

ledev68 New Member

My husband was taking Nuvigil and it worked well for him. I can't take it because I am taking Ritalin for adhd, both stimulants. The reason my husband stopped taking it is that a sleep study showed he suffers from sleep apnea. He is now on a cpap machine, he sleeps about 8 hours a night and feels great during the day. Two things you can look into. Good luck.
  3. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I take Fibro Energy from ProHealth. It works well for me. I also use their Maximum Wellness formula. I have found that taking vitamins in liquid form works better for me than capsules or tablets.
    For sleep I take Fibro Sleep. I get better results from it than the pharmaceuticals that I used to take.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Jittle - there are so many things that can cause fatigue. If I were you, I'd find a naturopath or integrative medicine to check them out. Most doctors won't. Here are some things to look into:

Weak adrenals (see today's PH article: http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=16769)

Low thyroid
    Low B12
    folate deficiency
    toxic overload in liver
    low potassium

sleep apnea (my son was very tired during the day until his sleep apnea was discovered, it made all the difference having this treated - he used a cpap machine)

Some supplements that might help:
    NADH
    l-carnitine or carnitine fumarate
    B12 - sublingual (methylcobalamin or hydroxocobalamin)
    Methylfolate (metafolin) - not folic acid which is synthetic
    CoQ10
    Magnesium and malic acid
    Coenzyme B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate), (not regular B6 in most multis)

Good luck -

Mary
  5. Picklington

Picklington New Member

B vitamins help me!