Anything work for numbness, Topamax nor Neurotin. . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamashome, Sep 5, 2003.

1. mamashome

mamashome New Member

hasn't. Was on neurotin for 5 months, helped with the burning but not the numbness and the pain. Switched to topamax but the burning up the spine and head isnt so bad but the numbness in my feet and arms are still terrible - my dr. just upped it to 75 mg. today. Has anyone did both of these and it not work, if so what did? thanks mama
  2. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

HI,
    I WAS HAVEING TERRIABLE NUMBNESS & PAIN,MY HANDS & ARMS WOULD FALL ASLEEP WHEN EVER I LAYED DOWN, EVEN JUST A SHORT REST. THE BOTTOMS OF MY FEET, WHEN I WOULD GET UP IN THE MORNINGS ,BECAME JUST UNBAREABLE,VERY PAINFULL TO WALK FOR A COUPLE HOURS, & A BURNING FEELING ON THE BOTTOM OF MY FEET.

ALSO HAVE ALL OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH THIS FIBROMYALGIA.

I HAD HEARD ABOUT NEURONTIN, AND TALKED TO MY DOCTOR.
    HE STARTED ME ON 300MG 3 Xs DAILY, AND SAID TO CUT BACK, 1 CAPSULE, IF I FELT I NEED TO.

I COULD TELL A HUGE DIFFERANCE, THE NEXT DAY. THE PAIN IN MY FEET & BURNING, HAS IMPROVED BY 75% AND MY HANDS AND ARMS ALSO. I HAVE TO BE CAREFULL THO, AND TRY & PACE MYSELF
    BY NOT STANDING ON MY FEET TOO LONG AT A TIME, OR OVER USEING MY HANDS.

TOPAMAX, DID NOTHING FOR ME..EACH OF US, REACT DIFFERANTLY TO MEDICATIONS THO.

I TAKE KLONIPEN, ONLY AT NITE TO GET AT LEAST A LITTLE SLEEP,( 3-4 HOURS ) WITHOUT IT,, I WOULD BE UP ALL NITE.!!

MY BACK PROBELMS,ARE A DIFFERANT STORY, AS I HAVE 2 BULDGING
    DISKS, LUMBAR AREA, L-4 & L-5
    AND HAVE HAD SEVERAL EPIDURIALS,WHICH ONLY HELP FOR A WHILE,
    BUT,,,,ANY RELIEF IS VERY WELCOME. I KNOW THE TIME IS COMMING VERY SOON FOR ME TO CHOOSE, SOMETHING ELSE FOR MY BULDGING DISKS,,,WHICH ARE VERYYYYYYYYYYYYY PAINFULL.

YOU MIGHT ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT INCREASEING YOUR DOSEAGE.
    SOME HERE, TAKE ALOT MORE THAN I DO.

HOPE THIS INFORMATION, HELPS YOU SOME.
    LADYBUG2