APA lab test can show FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, May 3, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

APA test can show FM in 50-75% of the patients. The more severe the fibro, the more elevated APA. It appears this lab test is not yet available in the US. I just ran into this and have to search some more about this test and it's availability. Interesting stuff!

http://www.autoimmune.com/FibromTest.html
  2. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

3. BethM

BethM New Member

good info, thanks. Something to watch for in awhile, here in the US. It's good to know someone is researching SOMETHING about fibro!

Peace,
    Beth.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

thanks AC
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I went to the site, very interesting.

I would like a home test you can just send in, like they have for other condition's.

I was just thinking, what if some of us took the test and it was negative? Then what!:) Just my luck it would happen to me.:)

Thanks for the info!

claudia
  6. kjfms

kjfms Member

...The Anti-Polymer Antibody Assay (APA Assay), which was introduced in 1999.....does not diagnose Fibromyalgia.

It detects.....IgG anti-polymer antibodies in the blood of most patients with Fibromyalgia or Fibromyalgia-like symptoms.

These antibodies have been found to be present in approximately 50% of people with Fibromyalgia.....and may be indicators of disease severity.

A person can have fibromyalgia and test negative on the APA Assay.

Thanks,

Karen