Aphasia and Amnesia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Dec 3, 2007.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I'm in a flare. I had to drive myself today to my lawyer, still trying to settle my mother's estate. I ended up having aphasia in his office and had trouble getting the words out. And then on the way home, I got amnesia at a stop light and couldn't remember where I was for a few seconds. I was totally like, what street is this and am I going home? It was scary. I came home and went to bed. But I've woken with that no sleep feeling, hurting all over. It's awful. I've had the fatigue for days, though. It's just not letting up. I think it's the weather. I usually get sick this time of year.

I did get some good news with my low income housing. I have an appointment next week for the initial interview. And they said it can include the building I want to try for. My thinking is that after this interview, if I pass all the things I have to pass, they might offer me something in late Spring or Summer. I hope that works out. It won't solve all my problems, I'll be out my grocery money and any extras like car repairs, but it will help alot.

I'm still being tortured by evil, toxic relatives. That is partly why I'm flaring so badly. My aunt left me a nasty phone message last week and followed it up with an email. And the stress just threw me right into a flare. They're all doing everything they can to make me feel like I'm less than a person because I can't work. And they keep treating me like I'm a mental case instead of someone with a genuine immune system disorder. I try to stay away from them, but they leave nasty messages and nasty emails. And it might get to the point where I have to put blocks on my phone and block their email addys. I haven't done so yet because I'm so terrified I might need them. But if I get into the low income housing, I can work on getting some kind of part time job somehow for my grocery money, and then I won't need them at all.

I feel so sick tonight :( I hope this flare won't last too long.

2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

for people who have a working brain.

Teabisquit, my brain is stuck near where yours was at the stop light.

It sucketh!

Happily for me, all my relatives are dead ;~)

Feel better,
  3. ceridwren

ceridwren New Member

These people sound so nasty, I hope someday Karma gives them some of what they have unwittingly given you. you are not alone! My head "stuff' is the worst...I have forgotten how to find places ive been to many, many times, I have forgotten very basic things at times. It is scary, my heart goes out to you...as one other person on here said me/cfs does indeed sucketh [it definately bites the big one!!!!]...my sympathies and condolences,I would advise you to cut as many of the hatefuls and hatefilleds out of your life as possible and or wear ear plugs.I do know these things are easier said than done....sometimes I wonder how many of us end up living like hermits just to avoid all the damage people can thoghtlessly cause us. Hope you find some more kind hearted people to drown out the nasties... hugs to you...
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 04/06/2012</i>]
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry you are dealing with all of that.&lt;BR&gt;
    I know it is common for people whose symptoms are cause by Borrelia to experience symptoms like you describe....ie: can't remember where they are going (or maybe how to get there), can't find the right words to say what they want to say, fatigue, pain, etc.
  5. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I have been driving and suddeningly will not recognize where I am at. One time it took a long couple of minutes to realize that I was only two blocks from home. That was super scary! It was during one of my worst fibro flare ups. &lt;BR&gt;
    It still happens. I can't recall names of people who I have known for a long time. Or just trying to recall a word that I use regularly. It scares me to think what it will be like as I get older. When these temporary memory losses happen I feel like I am 80 years old!