Apology for Posting CFS News Blogs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to apologize - I posted two blog sites that post just news/info on ME/CFS and it's against the rules to post blog site - I had no idea.

The info was, I thought, so valuable.

Am sorry,

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Often contain personal info by those who blog. ProHealth wants to ensure the privacy of those who use our message boards. These days, people are so used to posting on social networking sites, many of them devoted to illnesses, that it just seems normal to post about it. If there is any question, just ask first.

Love, Mikie
  3. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

but have no idea what the message means or which post (s). Something about my username on a social site. Am confused. Oh well. :(
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been to blog sites where I don't even have to sign in to see pictures of the bloggers and info which is personal. It depends on the website. We cannot possibly check out which bloggers keep their info private and which have it all out there.

It is true that we often speak here of where we live, our spouses, etc.; however, we are not allowed to post more than our first names, or usernames, and we cannot post our e-addresses.

I asked about this when I returned to moderating and was told we cannot post our blogger names on other sites due to the privacy issue.

In the past, when our members wanted to exchange e-addresses, they simply met up in live chat and went to a private chat room. Perhaps this is the way to go for exchanging blog names. That way, only those you want to have your info will have it. In the meantime, we are simply not allowed to post that info here.

Thanks for understanding. If you have any questions, please contact ProHealth.

Love, Mikie
  5. misskoji

misskoji Member

I looked, and I can see that your message was deleted by you.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please try posting again.
  6. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm sorry for the confusion here about blogposts.

The only reasons we would not allow them, like Mikie mentioned, is if they contain personal information, or solicit products, or are protected material. Prohealth is very careful with protecting our members, for that we should be grateful.

I also understand that by not allowing all of the blogs, we would be missing out on very valuable information on research, ect.

Please give me some time to talk with Prohealth staff and my fellow moderators and see if we can come up with a conclusive rule about what is and isn't allowed involving blogs.

Thanks everyone for understanding.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your help with this.

Love, Mikie
  8. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

reposted, as I didn't get a chance to read as much as I had wanted. I am so grateful for this forum, but utterly confused as to why my post was deleted in that thread.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Still waiting on ProHealth for ruling on this. I'd say that if there is a website which has good info on our illnesses, doesn't provide personal info, and doesn't sell anything, it's OK to mention the name of the website but not to provide the URL nor any usernames. People can do their own web searches to find their way to the info.

Jam, we've always been able to mention brands of supps which have helped us. We may not give website info on how to buy them, though.

Until we get more guidelines from ProHealth, this should work.

BTW, a friend whose bank account was hacked was told by expert techies that using social blogging websites is the number one way to get hacked or acquire viruses. That is why ProHealth goes to such extremes to protect our members' privacy and keep this website safe to use.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2011]