Apology....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kathleen12, May 29, 2006.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Though no one has complained (and I'm sure never will), I feel the need to apologize to you all for appearing to be self-absorbed in my own matters by not posting to other's needs. Right now, this is all so new to me (though the symptoms have been going on for years). I read all the posts where someone has lost hope, become discouraged, and just plain out having a bad time. I so badly want to reach out to all of you and offer some encouragement, but I feel that I am not really able to until I myself begin to feel a little more encouraged. It all makes me feel so sad that you are having to go through this and sadder still that I can't help yet. Thank you for understanding and please bear with me as I find answers and hope.
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

It's a journey for all of us. There are times when we boost and times when we need boosting.

I peronally have had times when I feel like you do. I read someone's post and I want to encourage them but can't find words or the emotional energy. I feel selfish on those days. But then again, we have all beat ourselves up enough for our weaknesses.

Just give yourself a break and contribute as you can. I'll be understanding.

That's why it's so great that their are so many of us. Some pick up the slack on others' weak days.

Blessings,

Sofi
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

None of us expect everyone to reply or be in a place physically to answer and support all who post here.

We're all in different stages of illness, different times of our lives and different experiences too.

That's what makes this board so wonderful...no matter what the problem, test, medical procedure or frightening experience...someone here has been through it, experienced it or has knowledge of it to help.

I don't think any of us are up to offering encouragement to everyone on a daily basis here.

Just relax...read, lurk, learn and when you're ready...just join in.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Kathleen
    I think when people are new here, like you, they are more needy, looking for answers and are by necessity more self absorbed. It comes with the territory.
    You don't need to apologize for not responding to everyone elses needs. No one can do that. Sometimes the enormity of the problems can overwhelm the best of us.
    I'm glad you are here and that you are finding support. It all takes time. I hope that you can be more encouraged and less sad with the help of the board.

Take Care
    Kathy.
  5. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Humbly, I say "thank you".
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Dear...don't worry about posting until you feel up to it. We are all there at one time or another. I have been there alot lately.
    And, yes...I do feel bad. I feel like I don't help enough, but that is what the board is here for. There is someone to be there when the others are down.

I am so thankful for all these dear people!

Take care of yourself!

Love...Mari