Appetite and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wilmasue, Jun 16, 2006.

1. wilmasue

wilmasue New Member

Does anyone seem to have increased appetite when their fibro is acting up?
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... do you mean .. it isn't only me that wants to eat everything in sight ? .......... phew ! Thanks !
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

but it's normally for sweets. My general apitite usually drops off durring a flare but hide the ice cream, cakes and candies! And usually the problem is when I get hungry I feel starved and order food and can only eat half of it:(

It's kinda wierd but that's the way it works for me.
  4. ulala

ulala New Member

working properly, we're not metabolizing what we eat correctly and our body sends out messages to try to get something, anything to get energy. Unfortunately the sweets we crave just make the problem worse.
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'm an emotional eater, so if I feel depressed because I'm in pain...I'll eat. (If I can get off the couch! LOL)

Strangest thing...over the past week, my eating habits have changed (for no reason). Not heat related either.

I'm just not eating as much. My favorite time to eat is in the evening (8pm or after) while watching TV.

I hope this DOESN'T go away!

Toodles!

6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

But nothing tastes really good. I seem to keep eating trying to find that one thing that will satisfy me -- which in reality is probably a full night's restorative sleep -- something I haven't had in at least twenty years. I eat when I am tired.
  7. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

livinlife ... I try to do that as well .. with the water and herbal teas .. but heck .. I just ate a bowl of alphabits for supper .. I better go drink more water ! haha
    Seriously though ... I think our bodies are so out of kilter nothing is working right including metablising our nutrients .. we are in utter chaos ! .. like we need that ?
    Joy
  8. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i'll be just fine one minute and then all of a sudden go to starving. it used to be i would slowly get hungery over an hour, now it's just not hungery and two minutes later i'm starving. then it seems like i mostly crave something sweet. i can eat a meal and not feel satisfied and i won't want to stop eating until i eat either ice cream, cake or chocaolate. it's very wiered because i didn't used to be this way.
    rachel
  9. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I feel hungry when i have eaten and boy do I crave sweets.So Hide the Ben and Jerry's Chocolate cookie mint. Not the right name but i could eat that whole pint in a sitting.

I have heard something about eating sweets and pain. My pharmaicst told me that eating any thing with sugar in it will increase your pain. So don't eat that. RIGHT?

But I also crave my five grain bread and not just one slice but at least 2 -3 and that is over loading on the carbs too. I hate flares with the added pain and the added intrest in sweet things.

Rosemarie
  10. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Thanks livinlife ! ... It is the best word I can think of to describe what is going on with us .. especially when I have sudden onset of severe pain .. there is a storm of chaotic messages to the brain that we are in pain when we aren't supposed to be.

If you think about it too long or too much it drives you crazy .. there is such a lack of any control we have over our bodies .. ranging from pain messages to this thing with hunger and cravings ..
    I have always had a sweet tooth .. but this is ridiculous .. but now I try to fill up on water, herbal teas .. veggies and fruit .. it doesn't always work ..

Last week when we got back to our car I ripped open a box of those marshmallow cookies .. my husband is very understanding and knew it was coming .. so he had them close to the top of the bag for me .. now how nice is that ? haha

Yes .. they are both Calicos with Siamese mixed in .. my oldest is 14, extremely intelligent .. she hasn't been well .. going through some rough patches with her .. worried what is to come .. my younger one is 7 .. from the Humane Society .. such a sweet nature.
    We love them to bits. I think having little creatures with us is such a comfort.

This food thing isn't life threatening but it really can drive you nuts .. especially when you have some extra pounds on as it is .. always a struggle ..
    I wonder how "perfect" people cope with NO anxiety issues about anything ? hahaha

Joy : )