Appetizer ideas please......(easy ones)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibrobutterfly, Dec 13, 2008.

1. I have a family Christmas party to go to shortly. It seems we have the same things all the time to eat. Does anyone have any easy appetizer recipes? Thanks ahead of time!
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Funny you should mention. I just sent my husband to the store for ingredients! I have to make an appetizer this week and this is my favorite. EVERYONE loves these - very popular - easy to make and YUMMY!

Bacon/Tomato Cups:

8 slices bacon
    1 tomato, chopped
    1/2 onion, chopped
    3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (I use the FLAKY)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
    In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into a medium mixing bowl, and mix with tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and basil.
    Separate biscuits into halves horizontally. Place each half into cups of the prepared mini muffin pan. Fill each biscuit half with the bacon mixture.
    Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven , or until golden brown.

Note- You do not have to be careful when separating the biscuit dough - they do not have to be 'even' by any means. When I put them in the muffin tins, I make them like a little cup, pushing them down in the center and pushing up along the sides.
    I've even eaten the mixture by itself with a cracker - yum. =)

I get asked over and over to make these!
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

They can be made ahead of time and re heated quickly in a microwave... bring some toothpicks for easy serving. I use consomme soup as gravy. If you want the recipe let me know.

one lb. hamburg
    1/2 tea sugar
    2 tea nutmeg
    1/4 finely chopped onion
    2 tbsp fine parsley
    2 slices bread crumbs
    one beaten egg YOLK
    2 tbsp heavy cream

mix ingredients, adjust moisture with either more bread crumbs or more cream

saute in butter, really adds to the flavor

simmer in hot consomme soup (don't dilute)

I usually triple the recipe and cook the meatballs in butter but use a baking pan/oven

they freeze pretty well in zip bags and can be made ahead[This Message was Edited on 12/15/2008]
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recipes you ALL sent.

Yes, Asa if you could could you send your meatball recipe, when you can. I just found out i have to make an appetizer for this coming tuesday.

Hugs n blessings,.

As we talk about food I am agetting hungry - AGAIN !! MMMM good !!!
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This is a old family* recipe and it's good. it's spicy party nuts. you can use almonds, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, or cashews.

2 cups blanched raw nuts

3 tablespoon butter or margine

1 teaspoon celery salt

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

saute nuts over medium flame for six minutes or until golden. drain butter from nuts. in a large bowl mix the last 3 items together. add nuts and toss to combine. spread on foil to cool.

makes 2 cups

*not necessarily my family

6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

You probably don't need this anymore since you are probably already at your party, however, for the future, here is a easy easy appetizer.

Things you need:

Budding Turkey in the little packages. Cut up little bits of dill pickles. Cream Cheese

Spread cream cheese in a slice of turkey, add a slice of dill pickle, roll up and put a toothpick in it. That is it!!!!!

It is cheap and really good
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I didn't start this post but I am glad Fibrobutterfly did cause I got some good appetizer recipes. They all sound so yummy !!

I think I have tasted the ones you gave the recipe for MICKEY but I have never made them.

Thanks so much to all. I have coipied them for future referance.

8. Thanks, keep them coming, my get together is this weekend!
  9. SerenityPheonix

SerenityPheonix New Member

This is a little something a friend used to put together for a potluck we used to attend at the holiday get togethers and its as easy as 1, 2, 3...done.

1 package of mini cocktail weinies
    1 can of sliced watercress
    1 or 2 pounds of bacon
    1 pack of toothpicks

slit a weinie lengthwise...lay half a slice of watercress in the slit and wrap a slice of bacon around it securing with a toothpick. place in oven at about 300 till bacon appears done. you can add cheese or anything else you think sounds good before wrapping bacon around it too.
  10. teacher

teacher New Member

1 package of cocktail wieners, or kielbasa or smoked sausage
    1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Put wieners in crockpot - if using kielbasa or sausage, slice into bite size pieces, put in crock
    Pour barbecue sauce over meat and mix
    Heat on High about 2 hours
    Turn heat down to lowest setting and have fun at the party
    Toothpicks work well here
  11. mezombie

mezombie Member

Here's an easy and festive idea I've come across.

All you need are cherry (or grape) tomatoes, mozzarella balls (small), and green olives.

Then you just take a tomato, mozzarella ball, and olive and spear them with a toothpick. And repeat with the rest, of course.

They look tasty and also quite pretty as you'll end up with red, white, and green.
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

Had a friend who always brought these to our Holiday parties!,,,,a very tasty treat!,,Just google "Stuffed Mushrooms",,,,lots of great ideas!,,,,,S