Apple cider vinegar users some questions for you...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, Sep 5, 2006.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Good morning, I've been experiencing gas/bloating in my upper abdomen for a few weeks now. So, I've been reviewing some postings on using ACV for that problem.

Most seem to recommend starting with 1 tbsp mixed in water or apple juice to start, slowing moving up to 3 tbsp.

Does that mean increase to 3 tbsp once/day or 1 tbsp at a time, 3 times per day? And, how quickly do you increase the "dose"?

Does it matter what you mix it with? For example, is cranberry juice OK?

Do you take it before you eat, on an empty stomach, or with a meal?

Will lemon juice serve the same purpose or does ACV do something more?

How soon after you began taking ACV did you notice a decrease in the bloating/gas?

Thanks for your help,

Twerp

2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I have been wanting to try this also so I will be anxious to hear some answers too. Thanks.

Nancy
  3. twerp

twerp New Member

I appreciate your input very much. Starting slowly sounds like a prudent course. I guess I'm just getting impatient to find something that will help with this. Gas-X is not working at all.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  4. twerp

twerp New Member

5. twerp

twerp New Member

Yes, I do have CFS. Was not aware that rebounding would help this problem. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again!
    Twerp
  6. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Stormy is right in saying you should start anything slow,.....however.....if you are not terribly sensitive (I am not) then you can go with more.

I started with one Tablespoon in a glass of White Grape Juice before meals. So that is 3 times a day. I have not increased that, just stuck with it and it works great for me.

I found within a day or two I was feeling much better. Within a week I was really better.

I hope you will give it a chance. If you don't notice much of a change increase your dose.

One caution: As terrible as it is for teeth enamel I would not sip on it...I would drink it and then rinse your mouth and then brush.

Maia
  7. twerp

twerp New Member

Thanks for your input, Maia. I appreciate it very much.

Do you use just "regular" ACV? Or do you get the special stuff with the "mother" in it from the health food store?

Thanks,
    Twerp
  8. BethM

BethM New Member

I bought the ACV, organically produced, with the mother, and took it, 1 tsp in water, for several days, then increased to 1 and a half tsps in water once daily, and my sensitive stomach rebelled.

I had stomach irritation for several days after I stopped the ACV.

1. Is this just not for me, or did I increase too much too soon?

2. Also, I thought we are supposed to be DE-ACIDIFYING our bodies? Wouldn't the ACV acidify the body?

I am confused. Again.

peace,
    Beth.