Apple Pectin Capsules Excellent Stool Softener & Laxative

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by hangininthere, Jul 1, 2013.

1. hangininthere

hangininthere Active Member

After a lifetime of severe constipation due to sluggish bowels - and NOTHING helping - I in recent months happened upon apple pectin capsules.

Works like magic. I'm amazed.

Patti
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Good to know! I don't generally have that problem, but once in awhile, and I know there are members on this board who struggle with constipation due to some of their pain meds - thanks for posting!

Mary
  3. hangininthere

Yes, that's what I was thinking, it could help a lot of people here who are on constipating pain killers.

It works any old time, even for occasional use.

I only need one capsule a day, good.

Another tip is to press or poke your abdominal area with your fingertips, in a circular clockwise motion.

I do this about four rotations, and it really helps get things moving - in a few hours or sooner, or by the next day. Good habit to get into daily, but I always forget to do it daily.

I need the apple pectin capsule with it though, as a stool softener.

Patti
  4. hangininthere

Hi Jam. You're welcome, I love finding lost posts, it's fun for me. I also love researching anything and everything on the 'net.

Glad you're on to the poking the abdomen. I, like you, love the old-time natural remedies - especially since I'm so extremely drug-sensitive and get such bad side-effects from artificial drugs.

High-dose magnesium - 1,000 mg. - is one of my main supplements for several other problems. It doesn't help my constipation, even though it's supposed to. It does draw water into the stool, which normally helps constipation, but I'm such a hard case (pun intended). I use magnesium off and on as needed for anxiety, for sleep, and for depression.

Patti
  5. tig519

tig519 Member

Have to say, after trying a number of things... good ole' fashioned prunes do the trick for me. 3-4 a day does the trick.
  6. hangininthere

Hi Tig. Good tip on the tried and true prunes remedy.

Yes, that's one of the things I tried that didn't work. I ate a bunch of them every day for a year, and not once did they help me. Tasty though, I like them.

My bowels are practically non-working.

If I don't take the apple pectin capsule and poke my belly clock-wise - both - the waste just sits there inside me refusing to budge, even though the apple pectin has softened it very nicely.

Patti