Apple Pectin Excellent Stool Softener & Laxative

Discussion in 'Digestion' started by hangininthere, Jul 1, 2013.

1. hangininthere

hangininthere Member

After a lifetime of severe constipation due to sluggish bowels - and NOTHING helping - I in recent months happened upon apple pectin capsules.

Works like magic for me every time. I'm amazed.

Another good tip:

With your fingertips, press or poke all around your abdominal area clock-wise.

I do this about four circles, and it really helps get things moving.

I need both the apple pectin for a stool softener, and the poking abdomen - if I don't do both, the waste just sits there inside me even though it's softened by the apple pectin - very sluggish bowels, just about non-working.

Patti
  2. joanierav

joanierav Member

i will definately try this patti, thanks for the info. where can i buy these capsules, markets, or health food stores? nothing has helped me either. thanks again. joanie
  3. hangininthere

hangininthere Member

Hi Joanie.

I buy the Vitacost brand online - it's half the price of anywhere else.

I googled for stores that sell it, and it's not in any stores I knew of to check, drat. It's only on their online stores, at twice the price.

If customers knew about it, they'd stock it in stores because it would be flying off the shelves.

I edited my original post above to add another good tip for constipation.

Patti
  4. hangininthere

hangininthere Member

Hi Diane. Oh goody, you tried it and it's working as nothing else has before, yayyyy!

I always read all your posts. Yes, I'm gluten-free too. Now, if I have one bite of gluten, I get extremely nauseated and have depression and mood swings for a week straight. It didn't used to be like that before I went gluten-free - but when I went without it I ever after had a worse reaction if I had gluten. That happens to a lot of people who go gluten-free. Before going gluten free, my symptoms were mental, not physical. Going gluten-free helped level out some of my mood swings and depression. Not all, I still take psych supplements as needed when it gets bad.

I also avoid soy - if I have too much of it too many days in a row, it gives me depression, plus dark circles around my eyes - 'allergy shiners'. But I have soybean oil occasionally in some stuff with no bad effects.

I loved the coconut oil, it really perked me up, but it gives me dark circles around my eyes so I quit it, thinking I was allergic. Coconut oil perks up the thyroid too, gives energy, I can tell that's what it did for me.

Yep, have to just eat meats and veggies and fruit, gets boring because I'm too exhausted with the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to cook regularly - my hub does the cooking and the things he can make are limited.

I've taught him to make a lot of good things though - stuffed peppers, chicken paprikash, meatloaf, homemade soups in the crockpot, and more.

I know some good desserts to bake, but rarely have the strength to make them.

My fave dessert is cheesecake, but have to make the graham crackers homemade for crust, which I rarely get around to doing.

Well, I still do sugar, haha. Not funny though, I'd feel and be so much healthier without it.

Strangely, certain (or most) antivirals cause me depression. Including some herbs. I only use oregano in pizza sauce is all. A few days of Cat's Claw put me in the deepest depression, and it wouldn't go away even after discontinuing. Finally, after months of that drug/herb induced depression, a member here told me about magnesium for depression, and it snapped me right out of it, amazing. Antivirals would be so good for my CFS, but alas. I tried a prescription antiviral for a week before the depression got bad from it, and it really helped clear my brain-fog right off the bat that week.

Here are some of the supplements I take religiously every day:

Acidophilus

Grapeseed capsules

High-dose garlic capsule (500 mg. - 1,000 mg. a must )

or

Pau d' Arco capsule

I alternate high-dose garlic capsule and Pau d' Arco capsule for antibiotic for stealth infections, plus for an antifungal, they agree with me, thankfully, and make me feel so much better. I take one a few weeks, then switch to the other for a few weeks, then switch back, and so on.

I would recommend adding the powerful antifungals high-dose garlic and Paul d' Arco for your candida regimen. Just take one at a time, not both at the same time. Alternate.

Charcoal capsules are a fantastic detoxer. Soaks up toxins like magic. Soaks up everything, I'm sure you know not to take them at the same time as meds or supplements or with meals, as the charcoal would block everything from absorbing.

Charcoal capsules are real inexpensive too, love them, very effective. I used to take them for when I had toxin build-up - which causes malaise and depression. Snapped me right out of it.

Patti
  5. hangininthere

hangininthere Member

Yayyy, glad you're onto the garlic and Paul d' Arco. The olive leaf extract capsules put me in a depression too, among other antiviral herbs and supplements I've tried.

I didn't know dark greens affected thyroid. All I knew was that raw carrots can lower thyroid, learned that several years ago from Jamin I think - googled it and sure enough.

No, graham crackers are not gluten free. I have to make homemade gluten-free graham crackers for the cheesecake.

It was funny - when I first looked up recipes, I was thinking graham was a special grain flour you put in graham crackers. Not so - it's a type of specially processed whole wheat flour named for its inventor, who was against bleaching flour. The gluten-free graham cracker recipe uses brown rice flour instead. Tastes just like graham crackers, which I love.

My blood pressure is real high and I can't have anything with white table salt in it - shoots it sky-high. Strangely enough, sea salt doesn't seem to raise it bad though, so I use that where needed, was glad to discover I could have that. I do treat myself to Fritos corn chips though.

I don't have Celiac, just gluten-sensitive. Any cross-contamination gets me. Once I walked into a small pizza shop to get my hub a liter of Pepsi, and there was flour floating all through the air, and I within minutes got real nauseated and depressed for three days straight. I breathed in the wheat flour and swallowed it.

Hub doesn't eat what I do. He loves all his processed foods. At first he even refused to eat a regular meat and potatoes meal which is naturally gluten free, just because I said it was gluten-free, hahahaha, stubborn, hahahaha. Now he does love the muffins I make - banana nut, blueberry, cinnamon raisin, etc.

Yep, too bad doctors aren't on to so many of our illnesses. They're great for other things, but not for everything. Thankfully there are a lot of astute researchers trying to find the answers. And some astute state-of-the-art docs. When it will trickle down to the medical schools is another story.

Yes, herbs are powerful 'drugs'. Very effective, and can have side-effects and interactions between other drugs and supplements.

I use this site to check for interactions. It keeps your list of drugs and supplements so you can go check any new addition quickly:

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php?interaction_list_id=4445471

Patti
  6. hangininthere

hangininthere Member

Yes, cooked carrots don't lower thyroid, just raw.

I just bought shredded cabbage for cold slaw, haha.

I'll go check that link, thanks.

When it comes right down to it, no foods are healthy, hahahaha, not funny though.

Such as, a lot of common foods eaten have arsenic or cyanide.

And I sure wish I could afford organic food, including meats. Can't though. I'm so full of toxins just from food. Then add environmental pollution, right down to the plastic fumes that come from our computers, etc. What a mess.

It's good to know what's what - to eat or avoid - when having certain illnesses.

I liked cooked spinach with apple cider vinegar on it, yummy. I used to eat it cold from an open can for a quick snack. But now can't have that salt. Plus found out cans are not healthy, and only use fresh or frozen veggies now, except for canned tomato paste. Haven't gotten around to steaming some fresh spinach yet.

I wonder if the thyroid raising coconut oil would off-set the foods that lower thyroid, so you could at least still eat them.

Kelp pills raise thyroid level nicely - iodine. I took that for a long while and it perked me up.

Iodine's not supposed to be taken with my Metformin diabetes pills though, drat, so I haven't taken kelp anymore since three years ago.

I think I'll google things that raise thyroid level and see.

Oh, and learned from Jamin that soy lowers thyroid level too.

You rest up now!

Great talking with you!

Patti