Applied for a job will not get it part time drug test!!! klonopin at night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jan 28, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Darvocet during the day! I just realized i am one of the top 3 for a job that is part time if you get it you take a drug test, i am sure darvocet and klonopin and valuim i take at night will show up and i will fail it. I have apllied for disablilty would this help my case or hurt it?
    Thanks
    Hensue
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

I know the darvocet is an opiod nature and it shows up in the state of Ga. the klonopin and valuim is a benzodiazapam. that will show up it doesnt seem to matter if you have a prescription or not.

You are so sweet and i appreciate your help.
    This is the answer to my first application
    you said you are disabled because of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression, migraines, high blood pressure, bladder spams, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain and overall body pain.
    Despite pain and discomfort you expierence you are able to move about and use your arms and legs, hands and back to perform some limited types of activities. you are able to walk stand and move about without helpand you can use your arms and hands for basic grasping and handling. you sill have some pain , but you can bend your back, and you should be able to do some lifting. Although your blood pressure is high at times it has not caused any serious complications. history of stomach problems no weight loss or other complications although you are depressed at times you are able to think, communicate, act in your own interest and pursue your normal activities!!!!! The evidence shows no other condition s which limit your ability to work.
    we have determined your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working. we considered you age medical info, education and training and work expierence in determining how your condition affected your ability to work.
    We have concluded you can do your past work

These people have made me mad i do go to a Rhuemotolgist for the first time next week.
    My fingers swell and hurt and i cant do half of what they say.
    So what do i do now?
    Help
    hensue
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I know the darvocet is an opiod nature and it shows up in the state of Ga. the klonopin and valuim is a benzodiazapam. that will show up it doesnt seem to matter if you have a prescription or not.

You are so sweet and i appreciate your help.
    This is the answer to my first application
    you said you are disabled because of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression, migraines, high blood pressure, bladder spams, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain and overall body pain.
    Despite pain and discomfort you expierence you are able to move about and use your arms and legs, hands and back to perform some limited types of activities. you are able to walk stand and move about without helpand you can use your arms and hands for basic grasping and handling. you sill have some pain , but you can bend your back, and you should be able to do some lifting. Although your blood pressure is high at times it has not caused any serious complications. history of stomach problems no weight loss or other complications although you are depressed at times you are able to think, communicate, act in your own interest and pursue your normal activities!!!!! The evidence shows no other condition s which limit your ability to work.
    we have determined your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working. we considered you age medical info, education and training and work expierence in determining how your condition affected your ability to work.
    We have concluded you can do your past work

These people have made me mad i do go to a Rhuemotolgist for the first time next week.
    My fingers swell and hurt and i cant do half of what they say.
    So what do i do now?
    Help
    hensue
  4. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

as long as they are prescribed, you can not get in any trouble, as far as them showing up on the test.

the only thing that may hurt, is if they believe you will not be able to preform the the job, due to the meds,which, in my opinion is discrimination.

hopefully they would not make that judgement without talking to you first, in which time, you could explain that, the meds allow you to preform the tasks, where as you might not be able to without them.

good luck to you!
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I agree with the previous poster.
    As long as you disclose what you are taking, it should not be held against you. If you take those meds at night, which you can say is when you take it, as well as the Darvocet (taken as needed)

I believe you have a right to see your drug test or at least know your results. If it shows Failed after you have disclosed your meds, that is not right. I used to work for a company where we had to do drug testing all the time - I often had access to the drug testing.

You do not have to disclose your condition for which you take the meds, until after you offered the job. It is very difficult to prove discrimination until then. They can always say you weren't the best candidate.

I would make very light of the situation if you have to explain the meds in your situation.
  6. mammabek

mammabek New Member

my experience is that they will never tell you its the drug test or put it in writing after you disclose you have an illness because businesses of a certain size have to meet federal criteria on how they treat the disabled. as to working under the table, dont do it. the wrong neighbor or investigator could bring u down quick and ruin your chances forever. just keep appealing and applying for jobs.i work a full forty at irs (no stress at that job, lol) focus in the meantime on getting to a better place w/this DD and perhaps you will eventually be able to work. as to driving we are all always at risk of being charged DUI....just the chance we take. blessings
    mammabek