apply for disability in person or by mail?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by murillomod, Nov 21, 2002.

1. murillomod

murillomod New Member

Does anyone know if it is better to return your permanent disability packet in person or by mail. If I would to return it in person ,any advice how to present myself. Thank you
  2. murillomod

murillomod New Member

Does anyone know if it is better to return your permanent disability packet in person or by mail. If I would to return it in person ,any advice how to present myself. Thank you
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I chose to do mine by phone and then mail in the papers. I had heard that sometimes the SS people will make note if they think you look OK, even though they have no clue how you feel.

If you do go in, don't wear makeup or do anything special to your hair. You want to make it look like it's one of your worst days.

Barbara
  4. blast

blast New Member

You have nothing to gain by taking it in, so mail it and save yourself some heartache.
    Sherri
  5. achy

achy New Member

Mail it in and do your interview over the phone. The SS reps can write reports on how they observe you. If the REd is having a bad day you S__T out of luck. It will also save your energy for later....you'll need it.
    Just remember...anytime dealing with SS...it is your wost day ever. Be honest, but remember they wil do anything to disprove your illness...that is their job. No makeup, jewelery, no fancy clothes. If they ask you how are you ,which they will when they call and they will note your reply, say anything but fine. I usually just groan or say "that's a loaded question..how much time have you got"
    Good luck
    Achy
  6. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Do it by mail/phone
  7. murillomod

murillomod New Member

Thank you for your input, but I thought if I took it in , it would speed up the process.