Applying for disability benefits because of FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tebeling-siravo, Oct 7, 2006.

1. tebeling-siravo

tebeling-siravo New Member

I have just started the disability process and find it extremely frustrating already. I brought all of my medical records to my intake appt thinking it would speed up the process, but SS is "requesting" that I meet with their doctors. Anyone out there have any advice for me?
    Please post your response here or email me directly at
    (edited to remove email address per rules)
    Many thanks Tracy
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

bump for input! : )
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It seems quite common, especially if you have something that can't be proven by laboratory or other testing. Sometimes your doctor have not done all the testing nessecary to proove the illness. I hope someone who have been thru the process got some great input.

I bet this will be the case for me too! I just went in to apply on Wednesday and will do the initial interview in 10 days. Scary!

In the meantime you can check out some great info on disabilitysecrets.com

Hugs!
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

'Problems list" I had to see their doctor and their psychiatrist,I got my disability on FMS first try.linda
  5. darvick

darvick New Member

I've been in the process for 2 years now. Got denied the first time , got a lawyer, and am waiting for a hearing date. In Florida, the waiting seems to be 16 months. But Dont get discouraged, you have to fight for everything. I had to go to their docs too, a psyc and reg doc, dont hold back explain how difficult it is for everything!!!!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Darlene
  6. tebeling-siravo

Thanks for the address disabilitysecrets.com. I will definately check it out. Tracy
  7. tebeling-siravo

I really appreciate your input and all the well wishes. I will keep you posted. I have a Psych eval on 11/1 and a Medical eval on 11/14...at least the appts are soon. You all are very supportive and I really am grateful. Tracy