Applying for Disability Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greeneyeslk, Feb 15, 2007.

1. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

I have been off work for 9 months and not getting any better. With the assistance of my FFC MD, I am going apply for SSDI. I heard that I could apply via phone or online and then submit the MD's report or I can send my application and MD's report in all at the same time. Will waiting to get the MD's report before applying help at all? Since the FFC clinic charges quite a bit for the report, I am going to need to wait at least a month before I have them work on it. Thanks.
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

The medical will be requested by SS anyway .Make sure you keep copies of everything.Every form you send them all your doctors reports since you became ill.

It takes time so don't give up if they deny you.Took 2 years to win mine had to go before the ALJ and got a bench approval for FM.

Hang in there
    Sue
  3. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

I appreciate all of your helpful hints and support. I am getting everything put together and then I will apply real soon. I really want to get the application process going as I know it will possibly be a battle. Thanks again.