Apply'n for SSI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I have seen many of you apply for SSD and SSI. I would like to apply for this when I get it on paper. I am just so afraid my doctor will look down on me. I have a bad complex with the public area. I suffer from anxiety from people too.

I'm afraid to ask my doctor for a statement of the CFS because my husband is already getting papers off him that he applied for SSD for herniated disc. I just hate the idea of him thinking were a bunch of cripples. I have a very little self-esteem because of how I am and how I feel on a daily basis. I tend to feel guilty because my husband is hurt and here I am a worthless wife. Can anyone relate?
  2. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I have seen many of you apply for SSD and SSI. I would like to apply for this when I get it on paper. I am just so afraid my doctor will look down on me. I have a bad complex with the public area. I suffer from anxiety from people too.

I'm afraid to ask my doctor for a statement of the CFS because my husband is already getting papers off him that he applied for SSD for herniated disc. I just hate the idea of him thinking were a bunch of cripples. I have a very little self-esteem because of how I am and how I feel on a daily basis. I tend to feel guilty because my husband is hurt and here I am a worthless wife. Can anyone relate?
  3. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

I can't relate to your situation but you cannot feel guilty for this. You have a serious life-long condition, (or so I take it) and you have a right to seek disability. Don't worry about what your doctor will think, get another doctor if you're so worried! You have to think about you. Don't suffer because you are feeling ashamed. You are allowing yourself to feel this way...why???
    You have to stand up for yourself, cuz no one else is going to do it for you.
    Please take care of yourself.
  4. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Because I dont want anyone to think Im a lazy person, and I have had problems in the past with jobs from other conditions.. And I guess my appearance as a quiter. We have two daughters and we have no income. My hubbyas to do little things on the side (which he pretty much cries about literally).. he aint supposed be doing it. I just feel ashamed because of it. His tends to worse then mine. I mean the type of pain. Weve had to get people to help us clothe our kids. This is why.. Luckily our landlord is very caring enough to let us live here without having to pay her until my husbands gets approved.

I was diagnosed with fibro a week ago, but I have to wait 2 more weeks until my blood work comes back and see if it all comes back negative. But, Ive had the symptoms for alittle over a year and was treated by a medical doctor for fibro.. but would not diagnose me. So he referred me to this doctor doing the blood work. I covered 15 out of 18.. I am just not happy with my body and its hard to cope with many days.

Regards
  5. Lena

Lena New Member

Hi, I have a husband who is disabled and has had papers from the Doctor. This doctor thinks I am crazy. He told me that there were others hurting worse than I. I know ther are others hurting but I need help also. I understand how you feel. I would like to hear more about you. Lena
  6. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Hi.. Thats what Im afraid of my doctor thinking Im crazy. Hes great as far as treatments but Im afraid he will think Im crazy in the head for asking for help for SSI. I have had him angry with me several times, because feeling stir crazy not finding anything wrong with me. That's how I feel at times, that others deserve it more then I do. I take care of my two girls and take care of my home. Me & my husband both share responsiblity on groceries, but I do most (95%) of the lifting. Which kills me!!
    Sounds like your in the same boat.. its really nice to know someone's going through the same ordeal. You can email me anytime if you'd like.

Regards,

Misty
  7. fp3657@aol.com

fp3657@aol.com New Member

YOU SHOULD SPEAK UP/ ONLY YOU CAN FIGHT FOR YOURSELF//WHEATHER IT BEE SSD OR EVEN SEEING A DOCTOR WHO TELLS YOU ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD,,, YOU MUST KEEP SEARCHING FOR THE DOCTOR THAT LISTENS, AND IF YOU CANT WORK THEN FILE FOR SSD..... YOU ARE ENTITLED TO IT .. I WAS THE SAME AS YOU NEVER TO SPEAK UP..ALWAYS SHY.. BUT AS THE YEARS WENT ON EVERYTHING GOT WORSE.. AND I LEARN THIS IS NOT IN MY HEAD.. AND THE ONE I HAVE TO THANK FOR THAT IS MY PHSYCOLOGIST
  8. Lena

Lena New Member

I have done a lot since I posted a message. I still have lots of pain but my Dr. has left town and I go to a new Dr. Thur. Maybe I will get someone who knows a little about fibro. My husband is doing better but is still disabled. He tries to understand what I am going through. He reads a lot about fibro. With God's help I will keep going and do his will. He has put me where I am now and he will see me through. I hope every one has the peace I get from knowing Jesus as my Savior. HAVE A GREAT WEEK. lENA