Applyn - re eye doctor appointment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Be smarter than me...

and remember to bring sunglasses for after they dilate your pupils.

Because the bright sunlight on your dilated pupils can give you a headache or make an existing one much worse.

Perhaps if afterwards you sit in a quiet dim area for several hours it would be helpful.

Perhaps drink lots of water to flush the drop chemical from your system, and be sure to blow your nose, as some of the chemical may come out that way.

Jen
  2. JP

JP New Member

thanks for the reminder. I have an appointment soon. I think I have cataracts. My Mom, Grandmother and Brother all had them about my age and my symptoms are much the same...I will be sure to bring my sunglasses, drink ample water and all the rest.

Sorry about your experience...take care, Jan
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

sorry to hear you might have cataracts...

just what any of us need, eh? more problems...

getting older has it's drawbacks, eh? Thank goodness we have greater wisdom with age...as Austin Powers might say...throw me a fricken bone!!
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I always have sunglasses with me. I wear
    them when it's cloudy outside!

I don't know if he will need to use those drops
    for my floaters, etc. I haven't even called.

The last time it was done I was so sick for
    the entire day. Dizzy, too.

Lynn

PS Do they bother you as well?[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2003]
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

No, fortunately.

I don't know why they affect you like that. Ask the doctor if they know of it affecting anyone else like that, maybe it happens sometimes. Maybe it is indicative of some sort of specific problem.

If not, chalk it up to just one more of those frustrating things you experience that the docs just don't have good answers for.

Also, if not, just because some doc never heard of the problem before doesn't mean it doesn't happen to a number of people.

I'm fortunate that I don't mind my eyes being touched. My friend can't stand that machine that very quickly presses on your eyeball. Me, I didn't even know when it happened at my eye appointment last month. Guess the freezing worked, and it's not something I am nervous about.

My biggest problem was how to place an hold my chin on the machines since my neck problem was pretty bad and that position was a little aggravating.

But, I also have pretty good eyesight. I have a mild astygmatism and ...i forget...mild shortsightedness? so i have a weak prescription for glasses and I don't always wear them. I can spot my favourite animals 100 yards away. :)