Appointment tomorrow with rheumy...at a loss

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frustratedandtired, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

Ok so I have an appointment with my old rheumy who I wasn't too crazy about but having a terrible time getting in to see anybody else and I'm in terrible pain. I saw him several months ago. He gave me nortriptyoline (sp?) and it made me feel horrible like I was on speed. He also prescribed physical therapy which I did make an appointment, cancelled, made one, cancelled, 3 times cancelled. I was just too TIRED to go. I do not want to leave work, walk to my car, go there, do the therapy, come back here, find a place to park then walk back to my office. I am worn out just thinking about it. I just don't feel like it. And I can't really afford it either. So, I just don't know what to say to him I am sure he's heard it all but I'm embarrassed. What do I do? I don't even know what medication I should ask about. I was thinking mirapex but I was just reading about the side effects and that stuff scares me.
  2. Frustratedandtired

Sorry I bumped this but it wasn't showing up on the list when I looked for it.
  3. Frustratedandtired

Most people I know who went to pt came out worse than when they went in. Like I said, I can't even seem to get enough energy to make myself go!