appointment with doctor Thursday to try Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smeyers, Jul 14, 2008.

1. smeyers

smeyers New Member

Was wondering if anyone on the list has been using it for Fibro? I know it was only recently approved by the FDA, but some doctors were using it off label (my doctor won't) so I had to wait.

I'm especially hoping for relief from the fatigue. Has anyone else experienced this?

I tried Lyrica but it did nothing for the pain and made me really cranky, which is not good when you work with the public lol. Did Cymbalta have any nasty side effects for you?

Any info/advice before Thursday would be much appreciated.

2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

There is a thread back a page about cymbalta. :)

I did try it but it made my stomach burn and I've had a history of bleeding stomcah ulcers so I had to discontinue it.

There are those I believe that have used it with positive results.

Take care, Susan/Pansygirl
  3. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

Cymbalta for about 6 months only 60mg a day though, I am on it for depression/anxiety. The only side affect I had at first was constant sweating, that has subsided to occasion sweating and I took it at night and would be awake all night long so switched to morning and everything is fine. Good Luck

4. smeyers

smeyers New Member

I appreciate the info. I'll check on those older posts also.
  5. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

On week 3. Only on 60mgs a day, but started at 30mgs a day for the first week. I am also on Lyrica. Cymbalta is helping with the anxiety (I didn't realize I was anxious until now...LOL) and muscle pain. Lyrica helps with the bone pain. Cymbalta made me very naseaus and stomach pains for the first week, but I never got sick from it. I was fuzzy brained until I adjusted. But that's it, less side effects than the Lyrica. I'm playing around on when to take it, but it does help with energy levels. Hope this helps!
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Cymbalta made me incredibly depressed. I had to get off of it immediately after 3 1/2 weeks. I started on 30 mgs, then went to 60 mgs.
    I hope it works for you! I know a lot of people have great luck with it!
  7. landra

landra New Member

I have depression and have been on anti-depressants. but 2 years ago I started aching all over all the time. I tried Cymbalta and the pain disappered almost immediately!
    My diagnosis is CFS 'tho, not FM so my pain may not have been as severe.