Appointment with SEMI-Decent Fibro Dr.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IndigoSC, May 6, 2003.

1. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

Hello, I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday May 8. This will be the 2nd appointment I've had with him. He at least believes that fibro is real, but last appointment, a month ago, would not give me anything for pain. He put me on Elavil and that's all. When I went to that 1st appoinetment, I brought lists of symptoms, meds i was on and have tried, etc etc. What else can I do to make this Dr. actually understand my level of pain and how do I get him to give me something that might help with pain??? They always just want to give out anti-depressants, and I just don't believe that anti-depressants will cure all your pain... PLEASE ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
  2. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

Thanks tibbie, if I can make the 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive, I would definitely do it if I could actually get some help. I'm not neccessarily begging for narcotics, but ANYthing to help with the pain and not just more anti-depressants.... It's ashame that so many cities don't have any decent doctors and that people have to drive hours and hours to find one that will actually listen.
  3. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

Do you want the website?
    You could check it out yourself. He has his own website, his name is Doctor Gatell but you have to abbreviate it drgatell.
    Tibbie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/06/2003]
  4. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

I wonder how long the waiting list is to actually get in to see him? I'll try calling in the morning...
  5. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

YOU GO, GIRL !!!!!
  6. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

Sorry, I'm bumping this up..... Tibbie did give me some good advice, but I'm going to give this doctor one more chance, since I only saw him once so far. Maybe he just doesn't want to help you a lot on the first visit to make sure you aren't faking or something? Anyway, any more advice would be great... I don't really like taking meds too much, but something for pain I think would really enhance my quality of life, but how do I make the Dr. understand that???