Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, May 7, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

On average, what is the percentage of doctor appointments you miss because you are just too tired to go?

Mine is about 75%.
  2. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

I don't actually miss APPOINTMENTS, I do however tend to not schedule diagnostic tests, blood tests, mammograms etc. because I usually feel like I don't have the time or energy to go do these things.

NOT a good habit and I must say I am blessed that my GP has been pretty understanding because I am sure it probably looks to her as if I merely blow these things off! I certainly can't blame her if it seems this way to her...but it isn't the case.

ANYTHING we do takes effort. Whether it is something "fun" or something that has to be done. Those of us who suffer with this dd know this all too well!

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

I used to miss so many,now I tend to just not make appts. for tests etc.

It takes all I have to get to doc for meds.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I can't stand appointments of any kind!
    Dr.s appointments I never miss. Those I want to go to. However, my doc wanted me to go to the lab (a separate location) for follow up blood work for thyroid- cancelled that one twice and finally MADE myself go.

I get my hair done because if I cancel that, I have to wait another 8 weeks. Other than that, I really don't make appointments. I actually don't like anything scheduled. Of course that can't be avoided - life is full of schedules, with kids, family, work, other obligations, but I tell ya, I dread the weeks that I have anything going on.