Approved for disabled housing , so happy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jackie65, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

A while ago I posted about my fear and frustration because I can no longer afford to live where I am and would have to move...but to where??? and how, physically??? This week I got approved for disabled housing !!!! It is an elderly/disabled apartment complex here in town and even though I am not elderly I qualified as disabled. The apartment is very cute and very clean, and the best part is that my rent will only be 149 a month based on my income. AND I get to keep my dog !!!!! Hurray !!!!!

I am so excited and relieved, it couldn't have worked out better. Now the hard part, I have to move in by June 1...I have so much stuff to pack and get rid of that it feels totally overwhelming. I am downsizing from a 3 bedroom to a 1 bedroom. My father says he will help me with the actual nove and I am hoping to enlist the help of my son and his friends. I hope I can find the energy to get through this next month, it was already going to be a busy month before I knew I was moving. I was so depressed a while ago because I didn't know what I was going to do. Sometimes things do work out. Hope you all are doing OK today !! Jackie
    [This Message was Edited on 04/29/2007]
  2. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Fantastic! What a relief. I am excited for you. And it gives me hope. I see a housing councelor next week, I'm so hoping something will come through for me soon. Happy New home to you and your dog. MM
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

wow ... downsizing. I need to do that myself but have no help (unless i pay for it). I am glad you get to keep your dog. I could never part with my precious old cat. She is my only joy. My yard needs mowed and I can't do it and I can't afford to pay someone to do it. I know it is time to downsize and give up all of my gardens BUT NOT MY CAT!!! lol Good luck :)
  4. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

So glad you can get the help you need and the doggie to I think more places are seeing animals make a big difference in peoples health.

have a great day
    Brenda
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

I can Relate to this! It happened for me in 2001! although we (my girls and i) had to rent a storage shed for awhile until all the stuff got sorted through ,,,It's Worth it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Although the Apt was a 2 bdr. our rent was only 55$ at moving in time,,,But Now since the ssdi went through it's 150.00,,,,It will work out for you and you will love it! Also got to keep our dog!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,,Sisland
  6. momof471

momof471 New Member

Congratulations, I hope the move goes smooth and this works well for you!

God Bless
  7. jole

jole Member

I know it must be very difficult to downsize...I keep telling myself it's only "things", but I have so many "memory things" that I would not part with, yet would have no where to put in a small apt. I know if anything every happens to my hubby that would be me in your shoes also.

But certainly better than being in the street, right? Wish I could be there to help you out.....don't let it get you completely down.

Best of luck to you in your new life!
  8. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

so much for your wonderful replies. It is so nice to know that there are people out there that can share their thoughts with me, whether good or bad news. This board has helped me tremendously.

I took advantage of the beautiful weather today and did some clearing out of the garage...I'm going to have a yard sale next weekend and I am thinking of making it a "make offer" sale because my main concern is just getting rid of the stuff not making a killing on the money. Hopefully I'll have good weather.
    Hope everyone is having a great day !!!
    Jackie