Approved or Denied????Help me Help me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaylorBay, Aug 2, 2008.

1. TaylorBay

TaylorBay New Member

Help me Help me....

What comes first???

The Password Request Code letter or???.....

The Approval or Denial letter from Social Security for

a disability claim?
  2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

...but I'll give it a try:

How the process usually goes is that a person applies, gets denied. The person then has to submit a request for reconsideration, which usually is denied. Then the person applies for a hearing before an ATL judge.

I just went through the whole process, and was approved. It took me three years. I strongly suggest getting a lawyer!

Some people, I've read on this board, get approved right away! It didn't work that way for me, though. Don't give up!

3. TaylorBay

TaylorBay New Member

Thanks Debbie for replying to my question....brainfog is what is keeping me from wording my question correctly.
    I'll try to explain ...I just received a letter from Social Security which in a nutshell states they are giving me a Temporary Password Request Code (PRC).Apparently when I applied for disability online I requested one??? I don't remember...I have not received a letter stating I have either been approved or denied my claim for disability.
    I was asking whether anyone else had received the PRC letter BEFORE they received the approval or denial letter.
    I was told by Social Security when I first applied that everything is now computerized and vastly simplified...I assume for them not us!
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I applied online and they gave me a number on there. You can go the "apply for benefits" page of the Social Security site and enter your S.S. number and the code number and see where in the process you are. BUT, don't expect to see anything for a time if you just applied. I applied about 6 weeks ago and there is still nothing there for me to see.
  5. TaylorBay

TaylorBay New Member

Thanks for your reply...but this is different from the confirmation number they give you when you first apply online. I applied in March and I just checked online and it said a decision has been made on my claim. However, it didn't say whether it was approved or denied. The letter I'm referring to is giving me a temporary password that is not to be used until I receive my letter of approval or my first check.