APPROVED!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shadyhill, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Shadyhill

Shadyhill New Member

I just received an award from Social Security Disability. I have fibro, sleep apnea, asthma, restless leg, depression, carpal tunnel and tarsal tunnel.

I had long-term disability from work through an insurance company, and I have to tell you that it was harder getting them to pay me than the SS Disability process!

I filed in August and was awarded in December. I live in the Pittsburgh area. I did not have to go before a judge or anything.

A friend of my just received disability also and said that the magic number if 55 (age). I don't know if this is true or not, but I am 55 and was approved via a letter in the mail.
  2. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Congratulations Shadyhill!!!!!!!!!!
    So happy to hear you got your SSD so soon. That gives me hope that it won't be years like everyone has said. I'm not 55 so I hope that's not the "lucky number" in my case.
    Send congrats to your friend too.
    To you and your family, Happy Holidays!
    Stinker56
  3. NifferA

NifferA New Member

I'm happy for you. I too was just approved, I am 43.

Jennifer
  4. NifferA

NifferA New Member

I'm happy for you. I too was just approved, I am 43.

Jennifer
  5. darude

darude New Member

Yup I'm the magic age 55!!!
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'm thrilled that you got your approval.One more for our side!I got mine on the 1st try too!Straight fibro plus a few disc problems(Not bad enough to operate)I'm 52 soon to be 53
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations!

Love, Mikie
  8. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Congrats!
    I live in the Pittsburgh area also!

Sharon
  9. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

on your approval. I'm 51 and applied in April. 11/23/05 I saw their social security disability doctor, but I haven't heard anything yet. Praying it comes thru.

10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it may take a couple of months to get paid and when that happens you will be overjoyed again!

i was approved the first time saw there doctors in jly and then approved 9/15/05..i applied february 05...i had a lot more going on from a closed cased ssdi approval...anyways i had to reapplied and start from scratch this time i got my approval with/o going to the second reconsideration level of filling out the paperwork to get denied to hearing....

thank good ness for that i am 40 years old...so that was them magic number for me...well gonna be 41 on xmas day...

congratuations

jodie
  11. Shadyhill

Shadyhill New Member

I was paid the same day I received the approval letter. I had applied for direct deposit and low and behold the money was in my account!
  12. chickabee

chickabee New Member

Way to go shadyhill...congrats to you. Nanc
  13. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Dosen't take the pain away...but sure helps relieve a little stress...

Congrats
    Hugs
    Bluerose