Are blood clots common with Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achy-shaky, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Just went to my Rheumy because of the swelling on my thigh & he's sending me for an ultrasound. I think it's a blood clot after reading about the symptoms of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and it runs in my family.

Just wondering if anyone else has problems with this or if anyone has heard it being common with this DD. I go in on Friday for ultrasound and getting worried that they may keep me at hospital for treatment.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Blessing to you all!
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Just went to my Rheumy because of the swelling on my thigh & he's sending me for an ultrasound. I think it's a blood clot after reading about the symptoms of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and it runs in my family.

Just wondering if anyone else has problems with this or if anyone has heard it being common with this DD. I go in on Friday for ultrasound and getting worried that they may keep me at hospital for treatment.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Blessing to you all!
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Dear Achy, Just read your posting, I too just had an ulta sound done, yesterday as a matter of fact. I although, have had this problem with clots since 1974 after a bad car accident. I get the results today. I am already on a blood thinner so I shouldnt have to be hospitalized. My hope for you is that you dont have to be either. Its not a bad stay if you do have to go, pretty much bedrest and blood thinning drugs. Boredom is the only downfall. I know your probably freaking out, but hang in there. Ill be thinking of you today. Good luck and put up a posting with your results if you would......take care...queenbee69
  4. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I've had one and the explanation back in the 80's was lupus... and it can cause blood clots... but my diagnosis has officially been changed to fibro ... so it makes me wonder.... Good luck!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It makes sense that if we have thick blood, blood clots might be a problem for us. Another thing we are prone to is fatty masses. I have one on my thigh which changes size. If it gets big, I vigorously massage it and it goes down. It's not a blood clot or obviously, I would not be massaging it.

Love, Mikie
  6. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

Hi, Last year both our daughters 15 and 16 and FM had to be tested for factor five (blood clotting) one was positive the other neg, anyway my husband and I needed to be tested as well and it showed we both had it, I am FM he is not, so I guess its an iffy, butty sort of thing......just my 2 cents worth.......... good luck with your tests, cya Pamxxx.