Are 'Bumps' being automatically deleted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LittleBluestem, Oct 17, 2009.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I haven't logged in in quite a while. I see there is no longer any tech/support board, so I will ask this here.

I bumped a couple of posts on another board. When I went to delete the bumps, they were not there, but the posts had moved to the top of the board. I checked a post to which I had made a reply and the reply was there. Thus my question: are 'bumps' being automatically deleted?
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

yes.... isn't it great? -it's the one bonafide 'improvement' in the site that I don't think anyone can be upset about!
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Thanks for the replies. It is good to hear from some people I recall and someone new.

Scrolling the dropdown box - what a great idea! You would think that the alphabetized list that stopped with ‘H’ would have given me a clue. Can we all say "brain fog"?!

Well, actually I’m a little upset that we now can’t delete the bumps from our profile list of posts. When I signed in regularly, I tried to bump a few posts a day. I would hate to have my profile list fill up with bumps.

I agree with you. If I ever do very much bumping in the future, I will use a different title so that I can clean up my profile list. Then I will have to delete them for the thread myself.

I bump posts from page 3 that have few or no replies (and have a current date, and are not directed to a specific person, and are not part of a larger conversation, etc.). I was pleased not to have to delete the bump from the thread. I wish it would disappear from my profile list as well or at least that I could delete it.