Are CFS/FM from a heart defect? Brain seizure?? Is there a test?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, May 13, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I've been trying to read some of Dr. Cheney's theories and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I think it makes a lot of sense.

I've often wondered if there might be heart involvement as I have orthostatic hypotensin and reactive hypoglycemia.

And the seizure activity makes somes sense considering all the nerve pain and muscle twitching.

But, is there a test we can take? Can I have a cardiologist or neurologist look for something specific or run a specific test?

What are your thoughts?

Sofi
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Hi!

In one of the posts in the Cheney thread, it tells about the Impedance Cardiography test...the only way to tell about the lack of blood flow INTO the heart, affecting the microcirculation. Cardiologists don't even know about it yet! They are so far behind on learning, its pathetic.

However, I understand there are sites that perform this test, maybe you could do a google search, and especially under Dr. Arnold Peckerman's name, or Dr. Paul Cheney.

Problem is, dear one, the treatment is not standardized yet, either; often the meds given are for traditional heart failure, which is not what we need....

Search Cheney on this site and look for the posting that Carol Sieverling wrote (Dallas FT Worth SPt Grp), or go to their site...Dr. Cheney tells what treatments to do for yourself while we wait for further study results he is performing now.

Don't panic....there's hope in the air, ok? Many good heads are beginning to figure out the different facets of this illness, and in Germany, they are treating the heart problem with very good results. Cheney is studying this, and hopes to be able to discuss and recommend it soon.

Keep on hoping...its helping!
    findmind
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

It is so discouraging to sit here and wait knowing there could be some serious problem with my heart or brain!

But it is good to know that there are at least some people trying to figure this out and help us.

Thank you for your response. It comforted me. I will read that other info too.

Sometimes reading those long articles tires me. Everything blends together. I just don't read like I used to. So it is very helpful when others like me post shorter, more broken up info. It's easier to process.

Hugs,

Sofi
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Hi, Sofi,

Glad you got my message and feel a bit better.

I print out long posts and highlight what I want to remember or read again, or research further. I try to use the 'liter sparingly, or I end up with a whole page colored in, LOL!

You could help support the energy of your heart with COq10, offered on this site and others...search this site; just yesterday someone asked where everyone bought their's.

Is there anyone who posts that you like the things they are saying? You could follow their wellness suggestions and maybe feel better, not only physically, but knowing you're doing all you can do to help yourself until there are more medical answers, ok?

Many best regards going out to you..

findmind