Are Only Christian Posts Welcome In This Forum?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by RhainyC, Aug 31, 2003.

1. RhainyC

RhainyC New Member

I am not a Christian, but often feel the need to be able to speak of my spirituality in relationship to my illness. I have ggod and bad days as everyone does with this sort of thing.

But after reading through the messages, it seems I may be the only non-Christian here. I do not wish to offend anyone, nor be offended if non-Christian posts will not be taken well.

I feel that *All Gods Are One God* and we all worship the same *Deity* but with different Paths to the Centre, like the spokes of a Wheel, all meeting in the Centre.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Blessings and Namaste,

RhainyC
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is a nondenominational website and everyone is welcome here. The people here are very caring and kind and it doesn't matter what your religious orientation is; you are welcome to share your faith with us.

I, personally, enjoy learning about others' beliefs and feel this is a good way to understand other religious persuasions.

Welcome aboard.

Love, Mikie
  3. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

You will find a truely caring group of people here. It is not by chance that you found this board. Again I say 'Welcome, RhainyC'. Marian

4. lcskaya

lcskaya New Member

Blest to have you here. There is a song that keeps stirring in me,I will write a few lines.
    "These are the days of elijah
    declaring the word of the lord
    these are the days of your servant moses
    righteousness being restored
    and though these are days of great trial
    of famine and darkness and sword
    still we are the voice in the desert crying
    prepare the way of the Lord."

we are from all walks of life and have one creator.
    God is no respecter of persons he holds each one dear to him ,he loves all and so do we. welcome
    caroline
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2003]
  5. Takesha

Takesha New Member

You are welcome here anytime, and we would love to have you post.Jump right in...
    Takesha
  6. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

Its nice to have you jump in here. No i would not be offended because you are a non-christian. If you ever need prayers or feel the need to jump in and give out support to someone who needs it, please feel free to do it. I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. mama
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to the Worship board, I think I also welcomed you the the CFS/FM board too?

As everyone has already said, all are welcome here.

If you have a need, or just want to participate, you are most welcomed to do so.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. RhainyC

RhainyC New Member

I am Wiccan, and have been a Priestess in my Path for over 20+ years. Many people cannot accept that, so I tend to be _Very Cautious_ when speaking of it. But, there it is, out in the open.

I feel we all have the right to our own interpretation of spirituality, and never purposely am negative about _any_ religion, except Satanism. And that I even prefer to aviod discussing.

Thanks to everyone here for allowing me to be open about my beliefs, and if anyone has _ANY_ Questions, please, do not hesitate to ask, I love to share my beliefs, but do not believe in proselytizing.

Many Blessings To All,
    Namaste

Rhainy
  9. Takesha

Takesha New Member

The sanskrit word Namaste means 'I bow to the divine in you.' Am I correct in the meaning of your salutation?

I wasn't sure of the meaning, so I went to look it up. I thought I'd share it with the other inquiring minds...Gee, I hope I am right about this..smile
    Takesha
  10. RhainyC

RhainyC New Member

just ask you say....

I bow to the divine within you.

It is my way of saying I Honour a person.

Another thing I will often say is *Blessed Be*, though only usually to another Wiccan/Pagan person. It is a traditional Wiccan blessing, that is as follows:

THE FIVEFOLD KISS

BLESSED BE THY FEET
    THAT HAVE BROUGHT THEE IN THESE WAYS
    (kiss the feet)

BLESSED BE THY KNEES
    THAT SHALL KNEEL BEFORE THE SACRED ALTAR
    (kiss the knees)

BLESSED BE THY WOMB/PHALLUS
    WITHOUT WHICH WE WOULD NOT BE
    (kiss the pubic bone area)

BLESSED BE THY BREAST/CHEST
    FORMED IN BEAUTY/STRENGTH
    (kiss btwn the breasts just above)

BLESSED BE THY LIPS
    WHICH SHALL UTTER THE SACRED NAMES
    (kiss the person)

This blessing can be done without the kisses and often is, as a way of blessing to one who is a sister/brother of the same Path, but not known to you.

I honour all spiritual paths myself, and am actually rather agressive when I see anyone dishonouring a path, because their path is different.

Blessings, and Namaste,

Rhainy