Are rashes a symptom of FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelly33, Jul 22, 2008.

1. shelly33

shelly33 New Member

Last winter I had a rash suddenly appear under my right arm. It was raised. It was also on my stomach and lower right side a little but mostly in that one spot under my arm. At the time my dr. said maybe it was shingles but it didn't really look like shingles and never did. Now I have small rash on the front of my neck. It doesn't itch. Can FM cause rashes? Thanks.
  2. KerryK

KerryK Member

Rashes, eczema, and skin swellings have always been part of my FM symptoms.
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i am having them also and have had a couple right now on my arm and neck that is driving me nuts!!
    i just put some calomine lotion on them but man!!!
    its like- when is this gona stop???
  4. lea

lea Member

for Lyme.
    best,
    Ann
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

They could be I suppose (I personally have never heard of them being part of FM), or they could be some other kind of skin disorder. Heck, who knows! =)

I'd get them checked out if they're bothersome or continue. Very often we write things off as being part of FM, when they're not.
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

is the filler used in your meds may be causing an allergic reaction. My skin has been more itchy than normal and then I remembered I recently starting taking meds from different pharmacy--still generic meds but different companies may use slightly different ingredients.
  7. canton2235

canton2235 New Member

I ALSO HAVE A RASH IT IS ON MY THE PALM OF MY HAND. I HAVE SHOWED IT TO MY DOC SEVERAL TIMES. THEY GAVE MY SOME CREAM THAT DID NOT SEEM TO WORK. IT DID HOWEVER HELP THE ICHING. I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR LYME IM NOT SURE IF THEY DID THE RIGHT TEST OR NOT. BUT THE TEST THAT I DID HAVE CAME BACK NEGITIVE. I HAVE HAD FM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW AND THAT IS WHEN THE RASH STARTED.
  8. jodboga

jodboga New Member

he has fm , doctor said it all goes hand in hand ...isn't it great , what else is going to be next !
  9. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I got a spider bite about 4 weeks ago....itched like crazy. After all that time I keep getting bumps that itch and burn. My upper arms are now covered with what looks like insect bites but isn't. I've read a lot on sun allergy and I think that's what it is. Happens from late spring to early fall.

Frozen bottles of water help take the itching away for awhile.
  10. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

My doc said no, but I read the contrary in books. I had one bump biopsied the other week, but I had already broken the skin so there was no "information" left in the chunk of skin.

Mine itch like mad when they flare up, otherwise I just have patches of bumps that don't itch (stomach, arms, legs, back). They are skin colored or pink and raised, rimmed in white--aka, allergic reaction. I've had this on and off for the last several years.

The dermatalogist put me on Xyzal, an antihistamine that also treats chronic idiopathic uticaria and put me on a restricted diet, since Zyrtec wasn't cutting it. Xyzal is helping quite a bit, but I still flare up...more show up and the itch like #*%@!!!

My triggers seem to be heat, cold, exercise, red wine, colored liquors, beer, gluten, certain dairy, rubbing clothes and mixing certain food items together that are normally fine by themselves--i.e., berries with white wine, mint with citrus. Some items are fine one day and not the next. ???? Interestingly, I DON'T have ANY food allergies. Very strange...

%-P
  11. simonedb

simonedb Member

I actually got a breakout on face before i got fms/cfs, after i went swimming i always wonderd if thre was something i picked up in the water or what, and i dont think i have been tested for lymes
    but ever since then i get this weird break out around mouth sometimes and on neck, occasionally on torso not much there, maybe wrist if allergic reaction to something
    sun makes it worse
    was told its not herpes
    but bactroban and ketacatazole have helped on face but not always
  12. Engel

Engel New Member

i think i have read rashes on the list of symptoms
  13. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I did read about it after this post and it said something about dry and itching skin being the cause. Itching can be a symptom of Fibro because of the nerve "miswirings" (is that a word?)
    I googled 'rashes with Fibromyalgia' - you can pull up lots of info.