Are the muscles under physical stress or....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Mar 5, 2006.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

are our nerve endings mis-firing? I just can't figure out this damn disease. I have had a Dr. tell me that it doesn't do long term damage to our joints or muscles (except some wasting if we don't keep moving). It also isn't supposed to be progressive. Okay, so it seems to me that the muscles aren't really under any physical stress if constant pain isn't affecting them. Does that mean it isn't the muscles but the pain receptors???
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

what is happening to us. They just dont have enough info on Fibro at this time. I hear and read the same things but I still think there is damage going on. The pain is so great, I cant believe nothing is being damaged. The latest thing I read is that it is a miscommunacation between the brain and the central nervous system in the spine. The misfiring you spoke of is supposed to be MS. I think it is progressive because I just keep getting worse. I hear from some of our friends here that they are bedridden and the thought of that scares me to death. There was a story in this mths Guidpost about a woman with fibro who got so bad,She had to be fed through a tube and almost died. I pray for all of you every day. I cant seem to pray for myself most of the time. Some reason, I dont feel worthy.

Suzette