Are there any dedicated FM Treatment Centers in the US?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vinetti23, Jun 13, 2003.

1. vinetti23

vinetti23 New Member

Does anyone know of any? I know there are headache and migraine centers...MS facilities, etc... but FM ?
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I just posted info on one in NJ.
    Search for clinics I believe.

Lynn
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

It is at the Oregon Health Science University (OHSU), it is where Dr. Robert Bennett practices out of.

Dara
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If anyone who has gone to one of these comprehensive clinics has seen dramatic improvement. In the two plus years I've been coming here, I heard of only a couple who feel the treatment they received at one of these clinics helped them feel a lot better.

I decided to read everything I could and present my findings to my own PCP. He is willing to try new things and it has really paid off. I am dramatically better than I was two years ago. It has taken time and patience, but it has paid off.

I might consider going to one of these "experts" if I heard of one who consistently got dramatic results, but they are expensive and I believe one can get better results by taking responsibility for one's own health. I now have a local doc who specializes in our illnesses and he has said that what my PCP and I have been doing is perfect. He is very impressed with my improvement.

Love, Mikie
  5. jillsy1

jillsy1 New Member

HI,
    I recently discovered a centre in Sedona Arizona. they specialilze in myofascial release which has proved very effective for me......inof in my car....hold on I'll get it....The place is called Therapy on the Rocks and the phone number is 928-282-3002. They also have a place in Paoli Pa called Myofascial Release Treatment Centre. The telephone number is 610-644-0136.

The material I have suggests that the cost is very high as they take you for a three week period but you have to find a place to stay while receiving the treatment.

I hope that this helps
    Jill
  6. cindye

cindye New Member

No treatment center but a real good book - "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" by Dr. St. Amand - chnaged my daughter's life around - she actually has one! Good website - www.guaidoc.comn. Good luck!