Are there any doctor "superstars" for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vinetti23, Jun 13, 2003.

1. vinetti23

vinetti23 New Member

Just wondering if there are any doctors who are like "the best in the business" at treating (and or) researching FM. Are they MDs PhDs (or both) and where they are at?

It seems like every specialty has its superstars that publish tons of papers and see patients for like $200 for 10 minutes...(sometimes worth it, sometimes not..)

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many, if not most of them, are no longer seeing new patients. These are the guys who have written books and become as you describe "Superstars." I have only heard of a couple of people who went to them, spent thousands of dollars, and got significantly better.

There is a good doc where I live here in FL who specializes in FMS/CFIDS, but his knowledge is limited in terms of not understanding treatment options for stealth viruses. He's willing to learn, though, and is coming along nicely :)

I believe we are better off doing our own research and finding docs who are willing to try things.

Love, Mikie
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

The "superstar" in Portland, Oregon is Dr. Bennett at OHSU. I'm pretty sure he's not seeing new patients though.

I liked my doc in Portland for CFS. Kim Webster at Rejuvenation Medical Clinic.
  4. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Dr. Andrea Trescot in Jacksonville, FL specailizes in pain management and treatment of patients with FM...And, I say that after going to 15 other docs who could not help me...She is known world wide for her advancements in treatment in FM and pain management..She also has FM.
  5. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

Dr. Stephen Plotnick in Virginia Beach, VA

he is one of the few drs. that are "leading the way" to acceptance and breakthruough treatments.

unfortunately he is not on my insurance co. list. BUT I hope that in time, I can afford to see him out of pocket.

Since I have friends who see him, I take their advice from him, and his new found info and tell MY drs.

It informs them, and I can get the same treatments.

any the insurance still covers it. :)

Jbear
  6. franners

franners New Member

Dr Pellegrino and Dr Djurich in Canton Ohio.. Dr Pellegrino has written books and has a waiting list until October. One of hisss associates in his office is Dr Djuric and I am pleased as punch to get to see him on the nineth..