are there any doctors with Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, Mar 30, 2007.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

Are there any doctors out there that have fibromyalgia? I am wondering about MEN doctors. I'm pretty sure there are lady doctors and they do speak up but I am wondering if there are some men that are willing to speak up. Or maybe the disease only hits certain people. ggks
  2. skippy007

skippy007 New Member

Check out Mark J. Pellegrino, MD. He has written several books and has this DD.
  3. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

On the Seattle Fibro and Fatigue website, Dr Levitz says she watched her mother suffer with it. No, she isn't a man.
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Now how can a doctor have fibro when they don't believe it exists!!?? LOL

Maybe we should have unbelieving docs call the ones who have fibro!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Dr. Teitelbaum has fibro. His protocol is based on what he found to be helpful.

Dr. Kent Holtorf has CF. He treated a patient by the name of Bob Baurys. Bob started the FFCs using Dr. Holtorf's protocol. Now Dr. T is running them.

Some of the LLMDs have had Lyme. Dr. Joseph Burrascano (NY) is one. Dr. Masters (MO) is another.

6. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

Please someone correct me if spelling is wrong, I can never remember how to spell her name.

But, she is a doctor, a fellow fm-sufferer, and has writen very knowledgably about the condition. She has several good books and a website that is also very informative.

Truly, this kind of resource is about the only kind I feel I can trust.
  7. twitcher

twitcher New Member

has it. He diagnosed me. He has written many books on it.
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

My doctor does believe it exists and has many FM patients.....but they really do need to take a walk in our shoes!
  9. findmind

findmind New Member

You're really close: Dr. Devin Starlanyl, who has written some of the best books about FM and MPS.

Good post!

findmind
  10. elliespad

elliespad Member

THE Dr. David Bell, told me himself he had CFS. (I saw he for just one visit)

Also, Dr. David Gersten, in Solona Beach, California, has CFIDS. (I treated with him for about 1 year. LOTS of improvements)

We also have a male MD who has been posting recently, but I can't recall his USERNAME.
  11. CrymznWych

CrymznWych New Member

My doc doesn't have it, but his wife does.
  12. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Hi,

How did Dr. Gerston help you? I am in northern california but could possibly make the trip but the expense would be hard so I'd love to get an idea of what to expect.

Thank you.

13. elliespad

elliespad Member

louisek, I have a cut & paste from an old post of mine. I will post this to you in a new thread and title it, LOUISEK, about Dr. Gersten.
  14. California31

California31 New Member

Indicated he had FM....Paul.
  15. desertlass

desertlass New Member

My osteopath is a man and has FM, and a chiropractor, Greg Penniston who runs gauilife.com that sells guaifenesin, also has it. Both men must be recovered or in some type of remission because I think they both practice full time. A rheumatolotist I saw once didn't have it himself, but his daughter does. Also, a Dr. Paul Strand saw his wife through FM-- they consider her recovered.

I wonder if you are a doctor and get it, or know a doctor and you have it, if you don't spend ANY time in a psychiatrist's office trying to figure out the root of your unexplained depressive symptoms, and get treated sooner and more aggressively. Just my musings.

16. Ginner

Ginner New Member

goodinfor