are there any films about FM/CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelbyeatenton, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

Thats really my question? has anyone seen any films where people in it suffer from FM or CFS? I just thought it might help my family and friends, (if its portrayed correctly?)

Thank you,
    Shelby
    xxxxxx
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

There is one that I know of on CFIDS called "I remember me". I ordered it (originally thought it was about FMS-I don't think I have CFIDS), but anyway thought it was a good film, but sad. They showed a high school boy who was bedridden with CFIDS, who managed to attend his graduation on a stretcher. The person who produced this film has CFIDS herself.

I think you can still order this, but can't remember where I ordered it from. I think it was from a website called Amazon, but don't remember the website address.

Ellen
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Shelby,
    There is an episode of the Golden girls where Bea Arthur has CFS. It showed the symptoms, and the ignorance and bigotry of many doctors. She finally found a Dr. to treat her, and then confronted the "bad" Dr. What a validation!

Terry
  4. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

I will try and find the film definitely. Also, if anyone else knows of anymore please let me know.

Also, thank you for the info about the Golden Girls. I havent ever watched that? I will look out for that too. :)

Many thanks,

Shelby
    xxxxxx