Are there any FM doctors in Atlanta area who will bill insurance?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by enlightened1, Nov 7, 2009.

1. enlightened1

enlightened1 New Member

Would like to know. Thank you.
  2. marley69

marley69 New Member

I dont think their are gonna be FM doctors much longer....from what I can see regardless of what the cdc says doctors are not gonna acknowledge that cfs or fm exists much local doc told me that cfs and fm are not real diseases and that if they didnt find something wrong in my blood that no doctor would treat me I went back and broke his legs and burned his house down...I feel better P.S. I would say the same about the dea but I would be in federal prison by morning
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I know it was not funny to you. After reading what you said you did I had to laugh.

I really do not know anymore what kind of docs there will be or how many?

4. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

I see one of the doctors at Marietta Rheumatology twice a year and they bill my insurance. I have CFS and FM.
  5. marley69

marley69 New Member

thats what I was thinking too about going to a rhuemy, they do seem more acceptable to these diseases being caused by a immune response or lack of...I have always had stomach problems so my doctors wrote it off as being ibs and ignored the fatigue and muscle/joint problems.....thanks for the hopefully good advise
  6. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Enlightened1,

Delmazo Medical in Emory Hospital on Peachtree Street. I've been going to Butler for over a year. She takes FM/CFS very seriously and treats you for it. They definitely bill insurance. They are all Rheumatologists there but I see Butler.

I hope you find a good doctor... It took me years to find Butler.