Are there any MEN with FMS? Also need new DR.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Desertboy, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Desertboy

Desertboy New Member

Hello,

I am writing in desprate times. My doctor wants to cut my meds since he is afraid of being watched by the DEA and the state licensing board. I know for a fact the Dr. just finished "rehab" so I am sure he is being watched carefully, but why should I suffer as a patient? I went to a new doctor, with medical records, pharmacy records, sleep log, pain log in hand in hopes of finding a new primary care physican, but no luck...he immediately wanted to put me in rehab and told me that my medication combination was a suicide accident waiting to happen. I tried to explain it to him, but he said "I worked in rehab facilities for 20 years and I am really "pig" headed about writing meds especially for a "disease" that no one knows about" How obsurd is that? He said I could go to a pain clinic and they would write the meds, but they would refer me back to him and he said he would refuse to write the meds and I would be back to square one!! What a crock of @#$##@!! He told me that once I finished the in house rehab (15-30 days) that he would consider me for a patient. He kept saying it is against federal law for an employer to fire you since you are in rehab. Tell that to my employer and see what they have to say. Enough on that.

I am looking for other men that have FMS. I was DX'd in 1996-1997 with FMS which causes my migraines. I know there is a wealth of info for women, but not much for men. I would like to see some men respond, especially on how their family life is. My has gone away. I keep snapping at my partner and people I work with. not good.

Feel free to email me at klaff10016@aol.com.

Thanks!!

"desertboy"
  2. Desertboy

Desertboy New Member

Hello,

I am writing in desprate times. My doctor wants to cut my meds since he is afraid of being watched by the DEA and the state licensing board. I know for a fact the Dr. just finished "rehab" so I am sure he is being watched carefully, but why should I suffer as a patient? I went to a new doctor, with medical records, pharmacy records, sleep log, pain log in hand in hopes of finding a new primary care physican, but no luck...he immediately wanted to put me in rehab and told me that my medication combination was a suicide accident waiting to happen. I tried to explain it to him, but he said "I worked in rehab facilities for 20 years and I am really "pig" headed about writing meds especially for a "disease" that no one knows about" How obsurd is that? He said I could go to a pain clinic and they would write the meds, but they would refer me back to him and he said he would refuse to write the meds and I would be back to square one!! What a crock of @#$##@!! He told me that once I finished the in house rehab (15-30 days) that he would consider me for a patient. He kept saying it is against federal law for an employer to fire you since you are in rehab. Tell that to my employer and see what they have to say. Enough on that.

I am looking for other men that have FMS. I was DX'd in 1996-1997 with FMS which causes my migraines. I know there is a wealth of info for women, but not much for men. I would like to see some men respond, especially on how their family life is. My has gone away. I keep snapping at my partner and people I work with. not good.

Feel free to email me at klaff10016@aol.com.

Thanks!!

"desertboy"
  3. rge

rge New Member

Yes, I'm here! use the search archives function and put in rge for all of my posts

family life ? My has gone away. I keep snapping at my partner and people I work with. not good.

Yeah, that is true for me too

Ron
  4. alsu

alsu New Member

hi desertboy I'm sorry to here of your problems with both meds & doc's.I've had FMS for around 16 years,only dx'ed in the last 5years.The years of not knowing the couse of my pain& C/F lead to my depression & for some time i took this out on my family.I am very lucky to still have such a loving family.Remember when things are bad family is all you've got.This is not allways esay to do.I am on a lot of drugs,i would love to be off them but see no way of this happening.You must try to find a doc that understands FMS & try to help your family to understand it to.It's not esay for them to see,it's not you but this DD thats the problem
    All the best for your future,Only wish i could help more.

alsu from U.K