Are there any remedies for this confounded itching???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanday, Sep 21, 2005.

1. nanday

nanday New Member

Hello Again,

Thanks so much everyone for all the information since I have logged on here yesterday. I want you all to know I pray and have positive thoughts for all of you constantly!
    I reached out and you guys have answered!!!! THANK YOU!

To the question at hand. Has anyone found anything to help with this itching?? It is driving me crazy. I've tried lotions, switching detergents, etc.,........
    IT HAS to be a neurological thing. I know heat makes it worse (summer sun, sweating, hot flashes), at least for me.

Anyone else with this dreaded problem?

Love ya all,
    nanday

'praying for all those hurting everywhere'
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

benedryl? A lot of times itching is an allergic reaction and a benedryl will help. I just get the little pink & white ones and take 1 or 2.

Kelly
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I would also love some suggestions on this one.

Ellen
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that's what I use when I get itching I cant control. Be sure to buy one that doesnt make you sleepy.

It relieves it pretty quickly.

Rosie
  5. silky17

silky17 New Member

Use a cold compress on the spot thats itching and then caladyl lotion and some Benedryl medicine.

Its kind of tough when its all over but the cold compresses work.

Good luck,
    Debbie
  6. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I've just recently aquired this problem. A patch on my chest breaks out in little bumps and itches like mad.. I thought it was stress..Lanacane -gives me relief- yellow tube at the drug store.. it numbs the area.. I reapply frequently.

I've also gone so far as to use hemmhroid spray on the area to numb it.. weird? probably, but it works..

Good luck!
    Sharon