ARE THERE ANY YOUNG MEN OUT THERE WITH FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Feb 19, 2007.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I have FMS and RA along with a connective tissue disease called Marfan Syndrome.

I am 50 years old and have had these ailment for several years.

My question is...I have a 25 year old son who lately has started complaining of pain in his legs, lower back, headaches and fatigue. His complaints seem so much like my own that I wonder if maybe he could have FMS also.

He never complains about much of anything and works everyday. He recently had a cold and the pains seem to be worse than ever.

My rheumy thinks that he also has the Marfan Syndrome from just looking at him but he has never been examined before.
    I personally don't think either of us has Marfan's because we don't look like a person with the syndrome. We are both tall, I am 5'9" and he is 6'3" but that isn't extreme.
    The only thing we have in common with the syndrome is a problem with detatched lens in our eyes.

I was just wondering if FMS is common in young men.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Stinker56
  2. GRMonLI

GRMonLI New Member

stopped working at 38 and am now 45.

I have FMS and have had two heart attacks.

I believe that I have had FMS many years before my diagnosis because I remember so much pain at age 18 and younger.
  3. jodboga

jodboga New Member

my son was just told he has mixed connective tissue disease but has all the signs of FM .