are there many people who also have gall bladder issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by michellemariewalls, Jun 26, 2009.

1. michellemariewalls

michellemariewalls New Member

I think there is a connection. I went to the ER 4 times and each time wrongly diagnosed with food poisoning. finally 5 visit the dr. on duty did an ultra sound and gall bladder was FULL of tons of small stones. had it removed last year but still have ghost pains sometimes.
  2. kennysmauhmee

kennysmauhmee New Member

I had my gall bladder removed in 2003... For 7 years before that I was misdiagnosed with acid reflux among other things... I finally nearly died on vacation because of a stone lodged in my bile duct and had emergency surgery away from home and family. I don't know if there is a tie between the two, but it would be interesting to find out.
  3. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

All the people that I have known who had their gall bladders out do not suffer from CFS or FM.
    Gall bladder seems to be diet related. Guess we need all to have plenty of fluids, and fruit and veggies.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The first thing they did was an ultrasound which showed nothing. I had to go through a lot of tests, including an endoscopy. The doc said I had acid reflux. I told him to keep looking. They did a nuclear medicine scan of the GB and, voila, it was almost totally shut down. It was the GB causing the acid to irritate the esophogus. I did not have acid reflux.

Sometimes, one has to push the docs to get results.

Love, Mikie