Are these new treatments the answer? Lightning process/MRT/etc.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, May 27, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I have just began reading about Mickel Reverse Therapy and Lightning process, etc. I am wondering if these really could hold an answer to our problems. If the hypothalamus is really one of the main problems, maybe these therapies can help us. They seem to be all in the UK for some reason. Anyone try these therapies and they helped? Do you all think they really could be onto something here?

Take care,
    Suz
  2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Yeah, I too really do believe the hypothalamus is at the root of my problems anyway. It is the only thing that makes sense since it controls all of these systems that are messed up. Maybe some that have had these therapies will post on their experiences...hope so.
  3. lfrost

lfrost New Member

I sent a message on here about the same time as you asking if anyone knows how Davebhoy is-he has done lightning process. I am just about to it in next few weeks. Know at least 5 people personally who are all better-see my earlier message. I do not understand it but it does seem to be working, I just hope long-term. Are you in the UK-not sure where else it is available-getting more widespread. I believe it may be the answer we are all looking for. Good luck, whatever you decide. LF
  4. suz9601

suz9601 Member

No i am in the Us...I dont think lightning is available here and mickel is available by email where I live. I think there is a practioner across the country in CT, but it is too far for me to travel right now..I am hoping that they will train some people across the US for both of these therapies..Let me know if you do this and how it goes..Maybe davebhoy will come back and post..

I read his previous postings and he said he was met w/some resistance when he posted his improvments on this list..You know how it goes sometimes, some people freak out if you mention the word cure...

Take care,
    Suz
  5. lfrost

lfrost New Member

Just to update those of you in the UK who are interested. I shall be doing the lightning process with a friend, who is more disabled than me, in the week starting 3 July. We are going to Bath, Avon, for 3 days. I will update you all on our progress when I return. I am very excited about the process-"process they call it, not cure" but result the same if one continues to do it. The lady has not had one failure from it and been training people for a year now. Have to be a bit vague at the moment but scared and excited at the same time-free of illness after 20 years. Sounds too good to be true but I do know people personally who now longer have ME-just need to build their stamina up. Scared I will be the only person who it does not work for but quite a normal fear, I gather. All of you, watch this spot. Best wishes. Lucy
  6. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I've done eight session of reverse therapy Eaton and I'm feeling much worse from it and have discontinued it. It was a very stressful and negative experience.
  7. lfrost

lfrost New Member

Sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the Eaton reverse therapy. Had you considered the lightning process? This is different from reverse therapy and so far I have not heard of anyone for whom it has failed, but I am sure there probably are some. It is hard work apparently and has to be kept up with-as I said-it is a training programme, not a cure, and I must admit it makes sense, though seems too good to be true-I shall have to wait and see. I will keep you informed. Hope you can pick up from your negative experience, and it will not put you off trying other things. Love Lucy
  8. SaraL

SaraL New Member

Hi Jasmine--sorry to hear about your experience with Reverse Therapy. I had been doing it, too, with the guy in Connecticut. (Did you see my post to you, a week or so ago? Regarding the Lightning Process? I think I put it on that thread titled 'is the lightning process the same thing as reverse therapy' or something like that.

Hi Lynn--I am excited to hear you are going ahead with the LP. Please come and let us know how you do with it.

thanks!
    take care,
    Sara
  9. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I think these therapies will be as effective for CFIDS as they would be for cancer .

I am sure you know that infections can cause hypothalamic
    disorders . Lyme is known to .

I am most encouraged by the latest studies indicating that some sort of whopper virus is at work in CFIDS , and it blocks the immune protein STAT 1 , which is necessary for eliminating viral and bacterial invaders .
    The whopper virus may be " cryptovirus " which has just been identified .

Most of us here are so sick of being sick that we would ingest feces if it would cure us . That being said , I do not think psychotherapy for my hypthalamus or any other organ , holds much promise for getting me WELL.

The only things that have made a difference that is NOTICEABLY has been nutrition, antivirals , and antibiotics .

May I add that I will be absolutely elated if these
    unusual therapies work for ANYONE . I HOPE THEY DO !
  10. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

Jasmine
    Reverse Therapy 06/05/06 09:32 AM

I've done eight session of reverse therapy Eaton and I'm feeling much worse from it and have discontinued it. It was a very stressful and negative experience.

I find that very interesting that you call it a negative experience. I've done some good research and went through understanding of the process ( as i try it now) and if you understand the process so well, than how could you call it negative???.. i'm just curious, because i dont think it will work for everyone, as its the persons decision. understanding the process yourself, wouldn't you say that thinking its stressful and negative, is a direct reason and example(according to eaton) why we can't deal with these "stressful" situations and why it might not have worked??>......

Can you elaborate why it was stressful and negative???..
  11. bensug

bensug New Member

I have read a book about reverse therapy. I think there may be some merit, for some people, although I would think it likely that anyone who was cured would be all over this site telling us how it worked for them. I have experienced a recovery through a mixture of exercise and altering my perceptions of the illness, so I can't knock the "thinking therapy" approach, but I am certain that the claims of near 100% "cure" are false. Having said that if it works for only 1% of people, thats alot of sick people who are happy now!!
  12. barty

barty New Member

Without wishing to answer for Jasmine, It is possible that the reason she found it stressful and negative is because if you don't make progress under Dr Eaton's Reverse Therapy, the therapist suggests that this is your own fault. This is not only stressful but also upsetting.

Reverse Therapy insist that if a client does not make progress it is because they have not made an effort to get in touch with their body enough.

This is of course absolute rubbish.

Also, at £80.00 a session, it is extremely expensive and you are not compensated if it doesn't work.

The recent deveopments on the Mickel Reverse Therapy site are also very worrying!!!!!!!!!.

Quote from site:

"We still use the idea of symptoms being messengers and work with this at the outset, however in most cases the Mickel Therapist will then move onto start to work, with the less metaphorical, essence of your matrix.

Recent quantum physics research has shown it possible to take photographs of this energetic field or matrix.

Briefly the matrix is an energetic field and is what we referred to previously as the ‘body’. There are 12 types of matrix (as per Steve Rother's work) and each individual has one predominant one. The matrix is the source of all our primary e-motions. These arise within the energy field of the matrix and pass through it directly into our physical cells and start to derange their function. This is what we believe creates ‘dis-ease’ states."

Would you really want to put your health in the hands of this man?

13. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Thank you !!! This guy sounds like a slick schuyster
    who makes $$ offering false hope to desperate people .

The jargon he writes is horsepoopy deluxe . I can not believe he is allowed to get away with fleecing sick people . The worst part is the implied message that the patient is to blame for not getting well . That is throwing acid on wounds that are already raw .
  14. barty

barty New Member

Incidentally, Mickel's views are based on the work of Steve Rother, a New Age thinker who believes that humans exist in order to ignite ‘the 144 points of Light’ which emanate from the ‘Power Crystals of Atlantis’, which are apparently buried under the Atlantic ocean.

Now why didn't I think of that - I'd be making a fortune....

15. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

After paying $1,200 for 8 sessions of Reverse Therapy Eaton, I was left in a much worse condition than I started out with. Plus I'm still in relapse from the stress of reverse therapy: my second relapse during reverse therapy by the way!

The therapist was very negative and blamed me for the therapy not working from the 4th session through the 8th session. I would call that a very stressful and negative experience especially when I'm paying $150 an hour to be blamed.

Also the reverse therapist had no idea why reverse therapy was not working for me but mentioned that some people do get much worse during reverse therapy.
    Then he told me to fly to Europe to meet with Dr. Eaton during my summer holidays. How convenient!
  16. boo276

boo276 New Member

I'd like to find out from LFrost who it is that she is going to in Bath for the Lightning Process? Could I have their contact details? Thanks
  17. advancewithcourage

advancewithcourage New Member

Regardless of whether RT works for someone or not, I think the real victory here is that altering hypothalamic function is working for some. So we have discovered the key to recovery - a restoration of the homeostasis.

I did MRT before Dr. Mickel got into all the New Age Energy medicine. Why he has chosen this path is beyond me. I now feel that despite the help I received from MRT, I am hesistant to recommend this to anyone. It does NOT sound like Dr. Eaton has taken this same path.

I think you all should ask yourself one question - and many of you are - what is causing my hypothalamus to remain in a state of fight or flight on a perpetual basis. I think what we are seeing here is multifactorial causes of a single disorder. THe stressors will be different for each of us. But I believe wholeheartedly that recovery is possible for everyone who continues to search. I don't think that viruses ect are the real issue (Sorry!). I have done enough PNI research to know how much immune function is effected by thought processes. It is quite amazing!

Do I think most CFS/FMS sufferers are harboring pathogens - certainly. But I am not sure (except in rare cases), if this is a single cause. If you have undiagnosed Hep C, perhaps.

Here are some of the factors that contributed to a state of overeactivity of the hypothalamus gland for me. THis will give folks a general idea of how hard it is to identify these issues. Oh, BTW, MRT made me MUCH worse in the beginning before finding some light at the end of the tunnel. It was very discouraging.

Triggers of excess cortisol and ephinephrine for AWC (bring on symptoms of CFS):

1. time pressure
    2. being overwhelmed by circumstances
    3. repressed anger
    4. eating grains (I do not digest them well)
    5. sleep deprivation
    6. deadlines
    7. perfectionism
    8. guilt
    9. lack of order and structure to my life
    10. unresolved relational conflict combined with feelings of hopelessness

to name a few

So whether you use RT or LP or whatever (matters little if you recover right?), you need to seek out these triggers and eliminate them. Notice mine were not all psycological/spiritual. I can still make myself ill by eating grains I cannot digest. It will take about 3-4 days before I begin experiencing symptoms. If some of the other above factors are also present, it could be less time. If none of the factors are present I could eat them longer.

Point is, there is a threshold beyond which the hypothalamus is unable to maintain homeostasis. So, like peeling back the layers of an onion, we will not see much progress often until we drop below that threshold.

I just want to encourage you all to keep chipping away at this thing. If RT doesn't work for you, try LP or PVC. BUT DO NOT GIVE UP! If money is an issue, you can learn about all this by researching yourself.

Since RT, I have gotten to know my body really well and I can actually feel the early stages of homeostatic imbalance, as long as I straighten this out, I can remain symptom free. With 6 children, It sometimes gets past me for a minute. But as time progresses, I find I get better and better at staying totally symptom free 24/7. But I do not fret about occasional mild symtoms that can be eliminated. Beats being bedridden, depressed, dizzy, foggy, achy etc all the time.
    As I get better and better at this, my health gets better and better.
  18. lfrost

lfrost New Member

Very good advice. You all know my views on this subject and the use of LP in recovery. Let's keep up with the optimism that this may be the answer. Lucy