Are we allowed to??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sierrasioux, Jul 26, 2003.

1. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

To the moderators---are we allowed to talk about religion? I mean just to encourage others of OUR SAME FAITH -not to preach or tell someone they should go to church or they should be of a certain faith.
    But, is it ok to include God and Bible(your own bellefs) if they say they have the same beliefs?
    -I would never talk bad about another type of religion---faith---but I am just trying to encourage them if they mention it---Is this OK?
    I just thought of something--I haven't read the rules here and I remember reading the other day that we should do that. Thank You---I don't want to break any rules--I love this message board!!
  2. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

I just read the rules--and this whole time on here seeing--DD--I thought it was dreaded disease--I think that is a good term for it--don't you?

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No, it is not OK to talk religion here, but the good news is that we have a Worship Forum where you can post about your faith to your heart's content.

Go up to the strip above where you log on and click on Message Boards. It will bring up a menu of our boards. Click on Worship and it will take you there. You get back here the same way by clicking on Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia.

Check out our Chit Chat Forum while you're at it. It's a friendly place where you can discuss all kinds of things.

Love, Mikie
  4. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

thank you mikie
  5. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

mikie---i just read this over again--at first i thought you said it was ok--but now i see that you said NO it is not ok
    so, if someone is talking about feeling better by going to church or talking about their love for the Lord--are you saying that is wrong?
    Or do you mean it is wrong for anyone EVER to bring up the subject of God, bible, faith, love for the Lord,church,their beliefs?
    I want to make sure that I don't break the rules--just wanted you to clarify it more for me--thank you--like i said i really love this message board--so i want to make sure i am not doing anything wrong.
  6. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Firstly welcome to the bd! So many new so quickly I have really lost track who I have or haven't welcomed. Glad you found us!! This board is for medical info only, I often will say I will pray for someone if I know they are of faith, but if they have expressed more or I feel motivated spiritually to say more I tell them I left a message over on the worship bd. That is also a great board, formatted just like this one, as everyone is able to express themselves; praising, asking for prayer, encouraging spiritually, etc. The worship board is non-denominational and open to all faith. Hope to see you there!
  7. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I think what you want to say determines whether you can post it on this board.

You can post whatever you want about your faith on the Worship or ChitChat message boards. Here, I've pretty much only seen "I'll pray for you" (or something similar). Other people have mentioned or asked about getting support from their local church. And I've seen references to "the Lord".

This specific board is for medical information. If you post a message that isn't about medical info, it will probably be moved to the ChitChat or Worship board.

---
    I just saw your reply to Sharon in her "Am I being selfish?" post. If that's what prompted this post from you I don't think you need to worry. I don't think what you said was inappropriate, other people may not agree with me, but oh well.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2003]

[ advertisement ]