Are You A Procrastinator ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Jun 24, 2006.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I used to be a very organized person. Now I find myself to be the biggest procrastinator.

At my job, I am still very organized, and I am told by co-workers they need to take tips from me on how to organize their work.

But at home, for example: the mail that comes in, when I see it is a bill I just throw it in a pile with all my other bills.

I am ashamed to ad mitt that I haven't finished my taxes. My husband has been all over me about that one. We always get a tax refund and could really use the extra money.

So why am I like this?? When I lay in bed at night my mind goes a mile a minute thinking of all the things I need to do around the house.

I even made a list of things to do. But that list end's up in the pile of un-opened mail.

Any advise on how to get out of this rut??

Thanks,
    God Bless
    Cin
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

ANYMORE, but it has nothing to do w/ procrastination.

It's because I don't have any energy.

It's becasue I can't find the bill I know I need to pay. When the bill shows up I can't find the checkbook, etc.

And then there's half a century of depression. Not really too motivated to do much of anything.

But no, before I got CFS, I was never a procrastinator.

3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Cin,
    I don't see how anyone as sick as we are can help but procrastinate. We can only do so much, and cannot hold ourselves to the same standards we had before.

I used to feel bad about putting off things that probably should be done right away. I have come to realize, though, that I can only do what I can do, and feeling bad about it is useless and non-productive.

This has been really freeing. After all, who says that putting things off is not as good as doing them right away? We were all probably brought up with a work ethic that says that things whoud not be put off, but, in the final analysis, what difference does it make?

Hugs,
    Terry
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Ask me latter, ok??

MRDAD
  5. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

you make me crack up.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

cin
  6. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Get back to you about this later?
  7. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I live by the "but first" rule!!! That sums me up to a tee!! I always intend to do something and wind up doing everything else first!!!! SOmeone, (can't remember who) put that in this thread!

I used to set out to do something and always finish it! Not now! Lucky if I get it done!

Dawn
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello cinnveet,

Yes, I procrastinate all the time but, like rockgor, I just don't have the energy anymore either.

I used to be very organized at work and home; after work, I would come home and do all of the housework I had for that day and would NOT let myself sit down to eat and watch TV until it was all done; then eat, TV and plenty of R&R until bedtime; kinda like MUST save the best for last; gee, miss those days.

It either sounds as if you are in a rut OR maybe you are just too tired but haven't stopped to realize it yet; does your husband help you?

Not sure this helps but hope just a little,

BlueSky555
  9. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Yes, my husband helps alot. helps with dishes, laundry, food shoping, and gardnening.

He never asks me to do anything at all, except "when are your going to get the tax's done"

I wish I had a magic wand to finish it.
    the other thing i procrastonate is taking my dog to the groomer. I am ready to just buzz all of his hair of.
    my list can go on and on and on.

I do push myself everyweek end to clean, but it leaves me no time to do anything else. uuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhh

I am so thank ful for this message board it has been a great help in understand this ill ness and geeting some great advice.

God Bless,
    Cindy
  10. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

What can we do to chagne this??????

Drink lots of coffe? I need someone to come up with a great idea on changing ourselfs and get out of this rut!!!!!

PLLLLLLLLLLLEeeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSeeeeeeeee

anyone out there that has a solution.

Thanks
    Cin
  11. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

The but first syndrome
  12. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

dncnfgrs, once again you give me some sound advice. Someday I hope I can repay you.

I went out and bought an extra trash can and an organizer for my mail.

as for the taxes, there is no way I could leave that for my husband to do or we would oue money. BUT!! I sat him down and made him go thru the mail and get rid of the junk mail. That alone was a big help.

Now to make a TO DO LIST. I bought one of those small note pads. small note pad = short list. right??? lol.

Thanks for the helpful tips.

cin