are you able to decorate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homesheba, Oct 31, 2006.

1. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i have taken 2 lortabs
    and waited till they kicked in
    and put up 2 little trees
    and some thanksgiving stuff also..:)
    i am so thankful to be ok after katrina
    that i feel like i want to
    celebrate even more the hoidays!
    even if i pay for it later...:)

2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

The Dh cracks up because I put everything up for Christmas, during the month of Nov.
    I think that it's my Happiest time of the year.

Certainly Boost my Spirit, and I love the Decorations,
    I take about 2 weeks to get it to the point where I am happy with the finished results.

Do you play Christmas Music also?
    I found some great "Vynials" (Long Playing 33's) at a yard sale a few years ago, that I enjoy playing while I am decorating.

I am way behind in my Shopping tho, as I usually have most of it done by now. lol.

Glad to see I am not the only one who, feel's that Celebrating have a little more meaning, you know?

I have a Karakoe System, also and I now just sing for the Neighbors, lol,
    But I do miss, going to the NH's and singing for them, they think I still sing good, lol.

I do have noticed that my Lung power isn't good these day's, no more Belting them out type of song's. ;o)

Last year DH bought me a small, Personal Home KDG Player, it's small and light weight, so maybe, I just might try, that this Christmas.

To bad we live so far apart, if would be fun to sing togeather.

I know there are a lot of other SIngers here too.
    We should record, one song, put it on a disc and sell it for Research money.
    lol, lol, feel giddy today, Thanks

Hug's,
    sharonk
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

While I don't have the pain you do, I can get really fatigued...and the putting it all away afterwards is what is most daunting to me.

I've pared it down to just what's needed .... and I'm a person who has boxes and boxes of old ornaments inherited from family! They never see the light of day these days... not even the ones I collected when the kids were little :(

I have an artifical tree (something I never thought I'd ever have, we used to always go to a farm and cut one down) because it is pre-lit... I also wired onto the tree last year some of the wired bead garlands after cutting them into 'sprays', so that's already on there too.

To decorate it I often will just punch a hole into Christmas cards as they arrive plus some old favorites, and hang them up with ribbon.

I decorate the mantel with a few things plus a garland, and that's it; and it's manageable, just as long as I don't get carried away adding things as time goes on lolol!

Prickles - hahahaha I like your analogy.......... but come on now, Christmas is Christmas, it's all fun no matter how goofy imho!

best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 11/01/2006]
  4. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

The decorating we do is the tree (which we only sporadically get ornaments on heh) and my daughters room. Her first christmas we decided to put up lights in her room (around the windows and doors etc) and put up those jell clings on her window panes. She LOVED it and spend forever staring at the lights. They also make a great nightlight so we're doing it again this christmas and probably all the ones up until she thinks she's "too big" for it. :)
  5. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

The decorating we do is the tree (which we only sporadically get ornaments on heh) and my daughters room. Her first christmas we decided to put up lights in her room (around the windows and doors etc) and put up those jell clings on her window panes. She LOVED it and spend forever staring at the lights. They also make a great nightlight so we're doing it again this christmas and probably all the ones up until she thinks she's "too big" for it. :)
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Didn't even decorate the poor Christmas tree last year. Husband put lights on, and there it stood, for 2 weeks. Just one decoration that my girlfriend made and brought up for me. HA! Maybe this year, we'll see.
  7. homesheba

homesheba New Member

a couple of those trees tht are lit up at the tips.
    i forget name,
    OH!! fiber optics!!!!
    and they are soo gorgeous,
    and i also have a tree that i put strands of lites on that stay on and some that flash.
    i put up those lights with the bells that play music
    ansd tonight if i am able,
    will put up more lights all around.. hee hee
    i love lights!!!
    i leave them up along time..
    . and then towards the end of the month
    we will put up the manger scene outside
    with all the lights,
    and i got a large angel at a yard sale for a dollar!!!!!!!
    that moves and shines!!
    to also go out side.
    and i am hopeing to have lights going down drive way to..
    i just love all this.
    i just wish i had someone
    who also loved it like me to hang out with!!!
  8. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I love to decorate! Especially outside!

Lots of flowers and hanging baskets in the summer time. Fish and plants in the fish pond!

Spruce boughs and red willow in the window boxes in the wintertime. Add some lights for Christmas!

Right now our deck has a display of pumpkins, hay bails, scarecrow and maple branches for Thanksgiving and Halloween.

Inside I decorate too but outside is my favorite!

hugs Redwillow

9. victoria

victoria New Member

That IS the fun of living in a neighborhood or close to the road...

outside decorations!

We are so far off the road and behind trees, nobody can see us... so while in one way I miss the outside stuff, in another way it takes the pressure off, lolol!

10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

You certainly do have more reason to celebrate! So good to hear you came through Katrina ok. I cannot imagine what you have been through. Are you in a new home or were you able to get back into your old one?

The holidays really make me happy! I go "all out" on my home during Christmas. Thank goodness my husband can do all the light hanging, because we put up a ton. The inside is all mine though, I wrap garlands around the staircase, hang wreaths, and put garlands on the fireplace. I do a "color theme" every year. My kids love it, and we always have the best time decorating the tree. I hope you are having a fantastic day and are able to decorate even more, when you are feeling well. Take care, Kim :)