Are you affected by the severe cold weather?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanng, Feb 19, 2006.

1. joanng

joanng New Member

I've had 2 bad nights after being out in the cold during the day and early evening. It's really like I'm chilled to the bone. I ache, and the pain in my legs makes me want to scream. Does anyone else suffer "mini-flares" when the weather gets really cold? Thanks!
  2. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hello,
    I cant stand the cold. I used to live in Oklahoma but had to move as I just could not stand the winters there. My husband was so great to quit his job and move to California. It is so warm here and never snows!!! I still have flareups and other problems but never become a human popcycle in the winter. I used to walk around with an electric blanket when I lived there. I dont have to now.
    Take care
    Melinda
  3. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My body aches constantly and I feel exhausted when it is so cold. Everything feels stiff also.Dampness and cold are my enemy !!
  4. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

YES! if i don't bundle up, or if i catch a big cold wind i do get chilled to the bone.

it takes an entire day or two to have my 'core temp' feel back to normal.

need to be very careful in the extremes of weather: the heat and humidity of summer here in mass. is even WORSE than the winter fibro symptoms....

stay warm everyone!
  5. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

It snowed here Friday and even going to the door to let the dog out makes it so much worse. Im like the old folks from my childhood. I can tell you when there is going to be a change in the weather before checking the forecast. This fibro is the pits isnt it?!

Suzette
  6. joanng

joanng New Member

I was doing pretty good for awhile and then the cold, cold weather came in....today wasn't too bad. I'm doing a lot of layering when I go out and even when I'm in the house. I would sincerely like to thank everyone for taking the time to respond. Sometimes I wonder "is it just me" and then I found out it's the fibro and a lot of people suffer from this crazy symptom too. In this case misery doesn't love company....I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone, not even my ex-husband!

joann
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Joanng,
    I'm affected by temps below 70 outside. Doesn't matter what it is inside. When outside temps are above 70, I feel better.

I feel worse if they are 40 or 65. Doesn't seem to matter how cold it gets just that it is under that 70 degree range.

We've had a fairly mild winter, yet this is the worst year so far for me for flares.

No, I don't get mini-flares when the weather gets really cold. I'm in Virginia and it is around 40 or so right now and that is cold to me, but may not be to you. So if it goes down in the 20's or so, it really doesn't affect me worse than the 40's do.

Hope you have less pain soon. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. marw

marw New Member

I have major Flares from this! I hurt so badly when it gets cold (which it does a lot in Chicago) that I think I will actually die from it! I know I have to move out of this climate, now that I have the Fibro, but I cannot do it financially. It's a major problem!