are you bothered by this cold that just hangs on?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunflowergirl, Mar 1, 2007.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I got sick back in January with a bad cold, coughed my head off for weeks, and two weeks ago I got a cold again. I've been coughing for 6 weeks and this is riduculous.

I used to be able to shake a cold pretty quick but not the last 5 years. Is this really some type of virus?
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I thought at first you were talking about our weather, here in Sunny Ca. It's been Hot, then Cold, Damp then Dry and windy.

I know it has added to my misery, because it makes my Sinus problems worse, They have the same symptoms as having a cold, but still different.

I ended up with the Infection MRSA and that made the Mastoiditis flare, and my right ear plugged up, that was back in Jan, and I am on yet another round of abx's.
    Hate the way they make me feel.

Have you been to the Dr. Nancy?
    Hope so, sometimes, we get other conditions, and think the Symptoms are from the dd's we have.

Did you have this cold, before you went to Yellowstone?
    WOnder if that made it worse, thanks to the weather up that a way.

Hope you feeling better today, take care.
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Yes, my cough now has been going on for 5.5 weeks and it is not letting up, I have caught 2 colds in 7 weeks!!

Like you I use to be able to get rid of a cold in about 7-8 days...but not this time.

I was in the hospital for this 3 weeks ago because I had breathing problems from this cold along with a HIGH fever and the Dr at the Hospital said there is a nasty virus going around and we could get it more than once...well this is my second. I hate winter..hopefully we will be able to move to Australia Next year.

hope you get well soon, Love to all, Ann
  4. sunflowergirl

Did you pick up that MRSA from your sister? I believe you mentioned that she had it. That's awful. I hope the doctor has it under control now. I heard it's very contagious.

I was sick before I went to Yellowstone, coughed the entire time, ate a ton of cough drops while there. Then after I got home I got this terrible cold again and the cough that takes FOREVER to leave. This has to be a virus.

Aeronsmom......that's awful that you had to go to the hospital. I'm down to coughing only now and then, and I have to tell myself to stop it otherwise it can just go on and on and on.
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I have had the MRSA for about a year they think, it came real active, back in Sept.
    I still think I got it from the NH that my Bro is in.
    Plus the last time I did vist him, he was in the VA's ICU.
    I was wearing gloves and a gown, but no mask, I think I touched the railying, or maybe when I adjusted his bedding, then absentily swiped my drippy nose,

My Sis's have it also, and so does the DB, who now has another Cellitus infection, in his thigh.
    it never ends.

WHat are you taking for your Cold, and do you think when the weather gets warmer it will help you get well?
    Of course then the Allerges start, huh?

Hope your feeling better soon.
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Are you sure this cold isn't bronchitis? I had what I thought was a bad chest cold with a cough for weeks. I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis. I got a prescription for an antibiotic, which finally knocked it out of me.

You might consider giving your doctor a call.

7. sunflowergirl

The cough is starting to dwindle down......thank heavens. And there's too many people with this same lingering cough. My son had it about 6 months ago and I think his cough lasted over 2 months.
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Vitamin C? I'll take 1000 mg or more when I have a cold, which I haven't had but a small one all winter. I'm also taking a zinc daily, just to keep things going. I know Vit. C can cause stomach upset for some people- just thought you might give it a try.