Are you familiar with Wilsons Thyroid Syndrome and Tx.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hope-floats, Sep 14, 2003.

1. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

I have just been introduced to Wilsons information, and will be meeting with a collegue of my doc's to discuss the appropriateness of the TX. for me.

The Tx. is pure T3 therapy using the Wilsons specific protocol.

If anyone is familiar with Wilsons, please comment. Thanks!
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I saw that too, so I researched it. Turns out he was pretty much of a fraud. He had his license pulled in Florida but nothing prevents him from selling his protocol. That's why I don't pay much attention to people pushing their own personal "cures". Low body temp., however, is due to to the adrenal glands, but adrenal fatigue.

JoAnn
  3. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

I will be careful. I was excited about the prospect, but I won't let that excitement get in the way of good judgement. I will see if I can get more info on Dr. Wilson.

Levyxol is the thyroid supplement I have been taking for hypothyroidism for years. It just isn't giving me what I need to keep the symptoms at bay, and I feel lousy. I feel more than lousy now with all these other issues that have cropped up. My cousin went off Synthroid when she thought she wasn't hypo anymore (I guess a lot of people feel better and think they are cured). She was perfectly fine going off it. What does your doctor say about this question of yours. It's a good question worth his time.

Thank you both for your input. Time to do more research!!
  4. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

bumping

bumpity

bumpity***************************

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

and also discovered he's a fraud. What is TX? (Texas?)

Marilyn :)
  6. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

What does fraud mean exactly? I am trying to prepare myself to discuss this treatment intellilgently when I meet with the doc.
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Rather than get 2nd hand information, the best thing you can do for yourself is to research this guy online. You'll find out everything you need to know so that you are well-prepared when your app't comes around.

Marilyn :)
  8. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Kelp is good for thyroid, may be worth trying out...

Cheap as chips to buy in tablet form.

Love Pat.
  9. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

I've done the research and I'm afraid there are as many positives as there are negative comments on Wilsons Treatment protocol.