Are you flabby?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenna11, Mar 5, 2003.

1. jenna11

jenna11 New Member

I work out several days a week...but I have noticed that if I stop working out for even a month I lose muscle mass VERY quickly...Does anyone else find they have poor muscle tone?
  2. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

i also very poor muscle tone it has been scaring me
    because i had very good muscle tone before i became
    sick. when i try to work out my body can't take it.
    theres not much i can do about it. we all seem to have
    some strange symtoms don't we.

stephanie
  3. jenna11

jenna11 New Member

It sucks because I used to have really good muscle tone too...and back then I rarely worked out...Now it's a must or I get so flabby and out of shape looking....funny thing is though is that I stay skinny...just flabby...

I can recommend a supplement that helps with the muscle pain..a Malic/Magnesium combo it really does help.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Jenna

[This message was edited on 03/05/03]
  4. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I agree...I work our 3/4 days out of 7. If I do not, not only am I in more pain, I instantaniously get flabby? It is a cruel double edge sword. GGRRRRR
  5. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

i am still slim to, just not much mucsle tone so i look flabby. thanks for the info i will look for malic felief the next time iam out shopping. i just wish i could be the active person i was.

thanks stephanie
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It's a rotten deal, but even in healthy people, it takes about 2 months of working out regularly to get minimally fit, and only 2 weeks or less of inactivity to lose it all and have to start over.
    Klutzo
  7. jjoys

jjoys New Member

Where in the world do you get the energy to work out? I have CFIDS and if I work out I'm stuck in my bed for 3 days.
  8. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

It is funny you bring this up because I was just thinking today how flabby I am. I am thin but still flabby! I cant work out at all and can only walk a little on a good day. My husband just got a weight bench recently and wants me to work out! Right!

Gardengrow
  9. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I am 98 pounds of pure flab. The only good thing about being flabby is that my illness has been called into question by my soon-to-be-ex who is divorcing me. Having no muscle tone is one symptom that the doctors can SEE.

Hippo
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am thin, but still have my muscle tone. They only exercise I get is walking, and daily stuff. I just started back on the Nordic Track, but I am not on it long enough to do much more than move my whole body a little!

I don't take meds, maybe thats why. I also take a lot of supplements.

Who knows????? This illness is so crazy!

Shalom, Shirl
  11. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I used to be more than muscular for a gal. I inherited a very strong build from my dad. My daughter was pre olympic gymnist, from these muscles being handed down. Dad did not work out but worked hard like I used to. My mom said I walked at 8mo. old and everyone spoke about my muscles. Compared t rest of women in family I looked like a football player and I was never over weight just the high end of how they measure ht. and wt. stats. Now even working out mostly around here. Non the less I forced myself to remove glued carpeting on lanai,took me weeks and drug home and put down new carpet an paint alot of work for this sick body. Did not build up any muscle tone and this was not easy I was next to tears inpain doing it. Nothing seems to get back what I lost I just keep getting more lumps in arms legs,hand etc. Not tone. I would just work out a few days and my muscles would be bulging out of my jeans,no lie. I have been very curious about this. At nursing home I help out at,these old people do nothing and some have better tone than I do Go Figure!!!! I wish someone would look into this other part of it 2 of my friends are saying the same thing,one a male. Granted we are not going to have hard bodies before dd, butttt this is awful. I am actually ashamed.P.S. I am still paying for all my remodeling can barely open up hand and right arm now severe nerve pain....
  12. pearls

pearls New Member

In a word - yes. This was one of the things that convinced my husband that something was wrong. My muscle tone went to pieces rather fast and I've been that way ever since.

-Pearl
  13. jenna11

jenna11 New Member

Trust me it is a struggle of mind and body each time I think about working out or doing snything that requires exersion I automatically feel weak...But I push myself and yes if I do too much I am pretty much in bed by 7 PM for the next 3 nights.

The funniest part is my butt is so flabby..it's the worst part of my body and I do squats, lunges, leg press everything but nothing helps!!!

But as I told the other person in one of my messages...I found this supplement called Malic Relief that was developed especially for people that suffer from CFS and FM..it improves muscle function and helps to reduce muscle fatigue...I have noticed a big difference in my endurance and muscle recovery..I ran out the other week and sisnt take it for 4 days...right away I had a "spell" muscle spams extreme fatigue and muscle cramping...but I started taking it again and immediately felt better...Let me know if you need more info on it and I will be happyt to forward it to you.

Jennifer
  14. jenna11

jenna11 New Member

I recommend you give it a try...it will be hard at first...but my hubby bought one too and put it in the garage..one day after looking at my flabby flappy upper arm I made up my mind that I was determined to improve myself

I stared slow with light weights, and yes I was very fatigues the first few weeks, but I stared some great supplements for improving muscle function and eating and driking lots of protein and I feel so much better over all....I mean I am still flabby but it is no where near as bad as it used to be...and I still hope to improve..

Good luck!