Are you freezing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Denamay, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Well I am.

The temperature here has been 30 degrees below zero for the past few days.

It is so cold that cars will not start. We have to plug them in.

The sun shines bright and the sky is blue.

There is hoar frost all over the trees, bushes and fences, it is very beautiful but dangerous.

Two little girls were found frozen to death just today.

Hard to believe but true.

California sounds pretty good to me.

Trying to stay warm in Canada, Denamy
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

it finaly warmed up here the last 2 days! it was anywhere from -4 to-34 across the state of MT last week,,,,,So Sorry to hear about the 2 little girls!,,,What a Tradgedy!,,

Throw a Blanket in the dryer and wrap yourself up in it! Thats what i do when i just can't stay warm,,,,,,,,,Try to stay warm!,,,,sis
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2008]
  3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Today the temp was right around 69 or so and the day was beautiful and sunny. I sat out in the back yard and watched the kitties play. It got a little chilly when the wind picked up though.

I wish we could have a little snow down here. The last time it snowed was 8 years ago. I would love to have a true winter sometime. But I do hate having to keep the water running and making sure the pipes don't freeze. I only have to do that on occasion and would hate to have to do so all winter long. I could not imagine experiencing temps at anything below 0! 30 below!!!? Wow!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2008]
  4. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I am in Alberta, and it is darn cold here as well. Was down to -48 with the windchill, the past couple of days.

That was so sad about those two little girls in Saskatchewan freezing to death. Somebody left 2 little ones in a car, not running. The police waited an hour for the mother to come back. She had taken another child to the Dr. My goodness, what are people thinking.

It is going to start to warm up some tomorrow, and by next week, we will be OUT of the deepfreeze.

The thing is, in Alberta, it is cold and clear - no humidity, and I feel good pain wise. It isn't the cold that gets to me, it is the humidity. Hope it stays away.