Are You Happy With Your Med Treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 9, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I read just about every post and am struck by the conflict of so many about treatment plans.

I went through doctor after doctor until I found the one who would keep me out of pain, discuss things with me, listen with all of his heart and just has good common sense to explain things to me.

Now I am happy with my treatment. A great rheumy, a terrific neurologist, a really good PCP, a receptive ENT and (who I am seeing on Tuesday) an understanding dermatologist.

Now i am satisfied.

Anyone else? If so it may give many others hope.

Doctor shopping can be a pain in the butt but maybe very much needed.

nyrofan
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

I dislike the medical profession, doctors, medical procedures, medical instruments, the cost of medical care, pharmaceutical companies, being sick, having to deal with all of the above. I have become a medical curmudgeon! I stay away from the doctor as much as I can.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

My primary and Gyno help me ZIPPO.
    (means none)
    My rhuemy is the best one around here and he does'nt think FM needs narcotics.(I beg to differ most days)

Its safe to say that I've seen no improvement in my case
    in 5 yrs.
    I'm always keeping my ears open to NEW drs, (accepting new patients).
  4. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

My Rheumy is great. They are so wonderful at this office.
    My doctors visit lasts about two hours. They talk to you about everything...even "women" stuff. The doctors office is an old house. The furnishings are antique furniture. They have relaxing music playing in the background.

They ask you all about your family and your job. This doctors office is more like going to your best friends house for a tea party. This office has a holistic approach. I do not take any pain meds other than Aleve.

They talk to you alot about nutrition and every problem I have had they seem to have a natural cure for.
    I would not give up this doctor for anything. I have aches and pains but nothing like I had a year ago.
    Kayleen
  5. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I have no medical insurance. Am currently having some necessary dental work done. My only trips to the doctor are for something that needs urgent attention. I have an adult daughter with no medical insurance either. She works 32 hours a week, no benefits of any kind, and every health issue sends her budget into disaster state. So no, I am not happy with my medical treatment, or with the health treatment of millions of other U.S. citizens living on the edge.
  6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

But only partly happy with my treatment. I know fibro is a hard nut to crack, but I'd like to be treated with a little more compassion and respect.

Drs. seem to get exasperated with me when I don't show improvement when they try new meds on me. I feel they don't understand fibro and CMP. They don't listen when I show them my pain diary or latest research/books I have to share with them.

I agree with someone else who said medical coverage/treatment in this country (USA) leaves a lot to be desired.

Everyone should be covered. Everyone should be treated with compassion and respect.
    Maybe someday.....
    Mini